Talk

Advanced search

To switch off my mobile in the evenings?

(10 Posts)
moffat Mon 29-Jun-09 19:13:41

I'm always getting calls from school mums wanting something or other as I'm regarded as the efficient one. They never call just for a chat or so see how I am, only when they want something - eg spellings for the test, the ones who don't do school run are always asking me to buy tickets for events or to ask the teacher something, which I'm sure they could do on the phone anyway. Good friends also have my landline number so would be able to get through.

MIAonline Mon 29-Jun-09 19:17:38

Sounds like a good plan to me.

YANBU

You just have to say enough is enough sometimes and let them sort themselves out.

poopscoop Mon 29-Jun-09 19:17:43

oh moffat, glad i have found you, any idea of what the spellings are for tonight??

poopscoop Mon 29-Jun-09 19:18:21

grin

moffat Mon 29-Jun-09 19:21:54

lol it has got to the point where they don't even make convincing attempts at small talk anymore before they ask.

junglist1 Mon 29-Jun-09 19:23:02

YANBU and you know what I especially hate is when people ring asking how you are pretending they're interested and then ask for what they want at the end of the fake conversation. Fake as hell, REALLY makes people look like snakes

junglist1 Mon 29-Jun-09 19:23:48

X post!

SerendipitousHarlot Mon 29-Jun-09 19:30:52

You are NBU in the slightest! Phones are supposed to be for YOUR convenience, not everyone elses! Fuck em wink

helpYOUiWILL Mon 29-Jun-09 19:49:59

and make sure you dont have voice mail - otherwise you will have several long messages to listen to during the morning rush.

moffat Mon 29-Jun-09 20:09:08

oh lordy I hadn't thought of that shock blush, oh well, by the time I hear the messages they will be well out of date.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now