Talk

Advanced search

To have sat on my backside all afternoon, watching DD in her paddling pool

(12 Posts)
imaynotbeperfectbutimokmummy Mon 29-Jun-09 18:33:14

Well, its not like you can leave a child unattended in the pool is it!!! Twas lovely - although nearly fell asleep, not good. Had to go in though when DDs lips turned blue and she declared she was frozen solid

Kbear Mon 29-Jun-09 18:34:25

Ah, those were the days!!! Lucky you!

LackaDAISYcal Mon 29-Jun-09 18:35:21

I think I would have been in the paddling pool with her in this heat smile

Kbear Mon 29-Jun-09 18:37:47

I took our pool to the tip recently as it was punctured and I couldn't find the hole!! Am on the look out for a half price sale on paddling pools!

cthea Mon 29-Jun-09 18:37:59

YANBU, was quite the day for it.

juneybean Mon 29-Jun-09 19:13:05

Kbear!!! Asda have the little one (3 rings0 for £2.50!

Kbear Mon 29-Jun-09 19:26:12

My kids are 10 and 7 and have progressed a bit from three ring pools LOL - we need a "swimming" pool - sorry, should have clarified. One of those blue ones prob.

juneybean Mon 29-Jun-09 19:30:52

Ooo sorry lol!

Do you mean these kind:

www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3652053/Trail/searchtext%3EPOOL.htm

katiestar Mon 29-Jun-09 19:31:57

god no ,very important to not over do it in this hot weather !{wink}

Kbear Mon 29-Jun-09 19:43:41

My happiest memories are of DD and DS in the paddling pool when they were toddlers - I was in the comfy lounger, they were in the pool with some bubble bath and toys in the shade of the tree, and we'd be there all day. I'd fill the pool with warm water though cos I am TOP mummy LOL! (And then they didn't need a bath either hee hee).

Kbear Mon 29-Jun-09 19:46:05

juney, yes, that might do it, less hassle to empty than the enormous round one we had last year.

imaynotbeperfectbutimokmummy Mon 29-Jun-09 20:06:39

oh oh oh, i NEED one of those argos jobbies!!

We did the paddling pool thing on sat too - i even had a glass of wine!!! DD stayed in pool for ages - before again, she froze!

We did the hot water thing too. I would have topped up for DD when she said she was cold but i was falling asleep and i thought that was less than a great idea

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now