to be fed up with the number of threads about my ExP, my exDH, ExW ex ex ex -

(98 Posts)
thedolly Mon 29-Jun-09 17:11:45

doesn't anyone stay together anymore?

KerryMumbles Mon 29-Jun-09 17:12:43

hahahahahahaha

FUCK OFF

LovelyRitaMeterMaid Mon 29-Jun-09 17:12:47

People are unlikely to write threads about their completely happy relationship.

Lizzylou Mon 29-Jun-09 17:13:11

I'm sure the Ops of said threads are rather fed up with their situations in most cases too.

Very sympathetic

LovelyRitaMeterMaid Mon 29-Jun-09 17:13:29

Well they might but if you are concentrating on finding threads that annoy you, you probably won't see the others anyway.

norksinmywaistband Mon 29-Jun-09 17:16:23

I for one would love not to have to put ExH in posts, but unfortunately I have one and impacts on my parenting as well as my general life

Lulumama Mon 29-Jun-09 17:18:20

what kerrymum said

thikn the divorce rate is quite high, almost 1 in 2 marriages break down, so YABVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVU

and silly

HTH smile <<passive aggressive>>

2shoes Mon 29-Jun-09 17:18:37

what KM said
what a stupid op

whoingodsnameami Mon 29-Jun-09 17:19:17

You have the same lack of compassion as my ex dh, sorry for the irony.hmm

fuzzywuzzy Mon 29-Jun-09 17:22:12

I for one am delighted that your relationship is fabulous.

I never planned on having an ex, so didn't plan ahead, and sometimes, just sometimes, when I cannot see the wood for the trees, I need the collective wisdom of MN.

Thankfully the majority of MNers appear to have more compassion, understanding and tolerance than OP.

Janos Mon 29-Jun-09 17:23:57

Fraid it happens OP. People don't generally come on here to tell everyone about their perfectly happy relationship which is just chugging along nicely thanks very much.

Mintyy Mon 29-Jun-09 17:24:08

You could just opt out of the Relationships topic.

BecauseImWorthIt Mon 29-Jun-09 17:25:03

Why don't you point out that all those have been bereaved are being unreasonable as well?

thedolly Mon 29-Jun-09 17:25:38

It is not something I encounter in RL - none of my circle of friends are divorced/separated.

2shoes Mon 29-Jun-09 17:26:28

don't forget the parents who dare to post about their problems.......how dare they think this is a forum for parents

fuzzywuzzy Mon 29-Jun-09 17:27:13

Well there you are then TD, your have the answer to your OP.

MamaLazarou Mon 29-Jun-09 17:28:43

YANBU

How dare people have exes? In THIS day and age? angry

It's very inconsiderate.

ipiratethief Mon 29-Jun-09 17:31:38

moth, flame, troll, piss off

Lulumama Mon 29-Jun-09 17:32:42

i doutb any friends would tell you of their relationship woes if that is your attitude

thedolly Mon 29-Jun-09 17:40:08

It just means that there are always a whole bunch of threads that I can't contribute to.

Doesn't anyone (in the spirit of my opening post) just get divorced/separated and move on?

Peoples lives seem so cluttered up with complications.

cornsilk Mon 29-Jun-09 17:42:38

Of course you can contribute. hmm

Baisey Mon 29-Jun-09 17:42:38

Im annoyed by all the threads about peoples "DD's".
None of my friends in RL have daughters, we all have sons...
same thing?
YABU

whoingodsnameami Mon 29-Jun-09 17:43:17

They move on, yes, but alot of us share children with our ex's, so unfortunately they are still a part of our lives.

Lulumama Mon 29-Jun-09 17:44:46

i would not contribute with your lack of empathy

gawds sake

you sound really selfish.. how dare those awful people have those pesky marriage break ups, and even worse, need advice !!

hmm

nessus Mon 29-Jun-09 17:47:23

I refuse to bite....

I do want to say that I am so happy for you that your relationship is currently thriving and I do hope it continues to do so. God forbid you ever end up with an ex, but hey knowing you, you will stick with it regardless because you are cut from stronger stuff that so many. Even should your partner be smashing your head in, being a despicable parent, snorting nasty substances up is nose or worse still sleeping with either or both of your parent. You shall resolve to stick with it and good on you. That is afterall what marriage is about, through the good and bad.

[not passive aggresive at all]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now