Talk

Advanced search

to want to screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeam at SIL?

(4 Posts)
MadreInglese Mon 29-Jun-09 14:31:41

SIL cannot stop interfering trying to organise everyone and it's driving me bonkers.

We visited her recently at her new address and told her beforehand that we'd got directions from google (which were very simple and easy to follow), but she still insisted on emailing us a long winded list of directions that stopped about a mile from her house with 'then just call me when you get to this point and I'll come out in the car and get you'.

DP mentioned that we'd really like to go abroad next year and were thinking of perhaps somewhere greek, lo and behold in 5 minutes flat she's decided our destination and theoretically organised it all for us - we should go to cyprus and we would def want a villa and she'd find us some cheap flights on the internet, and she stayed in a lovely villa in larnaka, that's where we should go, blah blah blah

We've tried humouring her with the just-smiling-and-thanks-but-we'll-manage technique, and also being a bit jokey/sarcy with the do-you-think-we're-too-stupid-to-book-our-own-holiday-ha-ha-just-kidding technique, but now I'm on the verge of the screaming-in-her-face-and-shaking-her-till-she-shuts-up-technique.

Luckily for our sanity we don't see her too often (it's a bit raw having spent three days solid with her recently), but when we do we have to pick coversation topics so carefully so as to avoid any situation where she might want to organise us. I wouldn't mind if she stopped when we decline her offer of help but she just goes on and on and on and on

Am I just being precious about this? She's just so blardy bossy and superior it drives me MAAAAAAAD

AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

ConnieComplaint Mon 29-Jun-09 14:36:20

Is she your dh's only sister?

Is she the eldest?

Perhaps she thinks she is helping out when she offers to organise things?

Frasersmum123 Mon 29-Jun-09 14:36:49

Is her life a bit boring?

MadreInglese Mon 29-Jun-09 14:40:40

yes only sister, not the eldest though

she doesn't have a boring life but she does have a job where she has to organise and motivate a lot of numpties so it's probably just second nature to her

I'm sure she thinks she's trying to help but it's not help when we've said repeatedly that we can manage it without her, it's interfering IMO

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now