Talk

Advanced search

To think so called friend was out of order?

(8 Posts)
lollipopz Mon 29-Jun-09 12:14:02

I have known her since school when we were really close and stayed close through our late teens. We have drifted apart slightly as we don't live as close as we used to, although its still not far, and we both have dcs now. We are god mother to each others dds and I would stil regard her as a good friend although we move in slightly different circles these days.
Yesterday was ds2's christening and I texted her on Sat to see if she was coming as she hadn't replied and she said she would be along later as she was working all morning till 1. She had told another friend she had a night out on Sat but never said any thing to me.
On the way to the christening we passed her house as it is on the way and saw her and her dp getting in the car, I know she sawe us as she looked up right at us, so obviously she wasn't at work. She never turned up and I haven't heard from her.
I am just pissed off she lied and couldn't just say "I'm going out on Sat and will see how I feel", that wouldn't have bothered me, its the fact she's not been honest.
Now I feel like I'm not going to bother even contacting her and just leave her be aibu to just ignore her?

PM73 Mon 29-Jun-09 12:24:09

Are you sure her dc werent taken ill & she wasnt able to go to work because of that?

I would wait to see what her excuse reason for not attending first.

Lulumama Mon 29-Jun-09 12:26:11

there could be all sorts of reasons:

flat tyre on the way

a child throwing up

or she had a hangover

or she could not afford a gift and did not want to be embarassed

i would give her a chance to explain, and if it is a crappy reason, tehn you should bring things to a close....

maybe she was cross she was not asked to be a godparent to your DS?

ConnieComplaint Mon 29-Jun-09 12:26:22

I would feel very hurt at this too.

Are you sure she knew the right day, time & venue?

lollipopz Mon 29-Jun-09 12:38:25

Yes she knew the time and date she had asked me the day before and i had let her know, thats why she had said she would be late.
I think if anything had happened she would have texted by now, and it wasn't the god parent thing, she is already my dd's godmother.

Lulumama Mon 29-Jun-09 12:40:15

ok, in that case, unless there was a real emergecny, such as her car blew up or a child had to go to hospital, she has let you down badly

i would still want to know why though

lollipopz Mon 29-Jun-09 13:32:45

I am at the point where i don't even case what she has to say and i am definitely not going to call her and ask, she knowt i saw her so if she had a genuine reason I'm sure i would have heard!

ConnieComplaint Mon 29-Jun-09 21:56:23

I'd have to call & satisfy my own curiosity!

Perhaps there was some emergency with her dh's family?

Did you acknowledge her when you drove past? MAybe she's the type that needs begged to go to things? <grasping at straws!>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now