Talk

Advanced search

To want to buy single rubber gloves?

(15 Posts)
Poledra Sun 28-Jun-09 21:58:49

There is a hole in my right hand rubber glove. Again. Looking under my kitchen sink, it would appear that I wear out 7 RH gloves to every 1 LH. AIBU to want to buy rubber gloves in singles?? It's more economical and ecological, surely?

Or is there a left-handed MNer out there who has unused RH gloves to trade for my lefties?

poorbuthappy Sun 28-Jun-09 22:03:13

What the chuffing hell are you doing in your rubber gloves that you wear out 7 Rh to 1 LH??????

twoluvlykids Sun 28-Jun-09 22:08:10

My Mum used to wear one of them inside out, when that happened.

It worked but looked a bit odd. Don't think it'll worked with those that are "Flocked" inside (not f*cked, flocked)

cathcat Sun 28-Jun-09 22:11:19

I also have this problem. I think it is because I am right handed and the knives always seem to nick the rubber. I did ponder upon writing to the manufacturers asking them to sell singles...might even do it one day if I am extremely bored. wink

Poledra Sun 28-Jun-09 22:18:26

poorbuthappy, I'm only cleaning with them, honest! I was somewhat surprised myself when I counted up exactly how many forlorn LH gloves there were.

poorbuthappy Sun 28-Jun-09 22:20:43

I think my mistake is obviously --not hording-- throwing out both therefore never having to ask myself the same question!!!!!!

poorbuthappy Sun 28-Jun-09 22:21:42

fuck it, I knew that wouldn't work!

not hording...

bloody space... wink

JackBauer Sun 28-Jun-09 23:07:00

I don't buy rubber gloves but the packs of latex ones that are interchangable, so it isn't an issue!

katiestar Sun 28-Jun-09 23:38:43

Turn the left one inside out

Poledra Sun 28-Jun-09 23:42:46

See, this is the purpose of MN - to tell eejits like me to turn the left one inside out! I'm not going to have to buy rubber gloves for months now. grin

My thanks to you both, twoluvlykids and katiestar.

Pan Sun 28-Jun-09 23:55:40

one you use for cleaning (the worn out one), one you have been using in your Michael Jackson tribute band. Obvious.So don't pretend.grin

SOLOisMeredithGrey Mon 29-Jun-09 00:04:51

I always use one inside out when I get a hole in the right hand glove. Saves wasting them hmm

Poledra Mon 29-Jun-09 00:16:53

Yup, Pan, that's me - the Michael Jackson tribute band with the yellow Marigold on grin

bamboo Mon 29-Jun-09 00:58:15

I have this problem, but as twoluvlykids says, the flock-lined Marigolds are not good inside out.

Someone on our Freecycle actually offered right handed gloves. I thought about it for a second but it all seemed a bit too ...erm...worthy. She never did post a "taken" message so I presume she's still stuck with them!

Clary Mon 29-Jun-09 00:58:55

That's a brilliant idea poledra.

I turn the left ones inside out as others say but it's not the same.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now