they could at least turn the volume up so I can hear them

harleyd Sun 28-Jun-09 18:57:42

yanbu

i had one yesterday
im sure the whole street heard blush

differentID Sun 28-Jun-09 18:58:13

I love listening in to fights as wellblush

hocuspontas Sun 28-Jun-09 18:58:17

And why do your own DCs always decide to start making a noise at that point? It's so infuriating.

2shoes Sun 28-Jun-09 18:59:05

she is still standing there, I am tempted to go and ask her what is going on

badgermonkey Sun 28-Jun-09 19:00:47

I wish the two men who had pulled over and were talking to a policeman outside my house the other day had spoken up, too. I opened the window and couldn't hear a damn thing!

Ninkynork Sun 28-Jun-09 19:00:59

YANBU, I heard what sounded like a corker the other night but couldn't make all of it out. If you're going to have a ruck have the decency to turn it up a notch so that the neighbours you are keeping awake are at least entertained until you decide to take it elsewhere wink

Northernlurker Sun 28-Jun-09 19:01:42

Oh absolutely - you're disturbed anyway - you might as well be interested too!

Our across the road neighbours got stopped by the police one night on arriving home. I was dying to know what was going on but they just weren't speaking loudly enough and then dh ruined any chance I had by saying 'whaaaaaaats going ON' about five hundred times angry

grin

Nancy66 Sun 28-Jun-09 19:05:21

YANBU - it's great, free entertainment.

admittedly we do have our shagging neighbours and their ever changing role play - but you can't beat a good barney

Madmentalbint Sun 28-Jun-09 19:11:15

YANBU.

I swear my neighbours pull their garden chairs up to the fence and get the popcorn out when we're arguing with our teenagers - so it was great tonight when my DC's came racing in to tell me "They're arguing - and we can hear EVERYTHING!" grin

hocuspontas Sun 28-Jun-09 19:14:13

Our neighbours swear blind they never hear us going at it hammer and tongs. I suppose they know if they said yes, we would keep it down a bit and spoil their fun!

hocuspontas Sun 28-Jun-09 19:14:59

I mean our arguing of course, not our shagging... blush

TheChilliMoose Sun 28-Jun-09 19:16:50

YANBU. I love a good bit of eavesdropping when people are arguing. I'm not too keen on listening to other people have sex though.

dawntigga Sun 28-Jun-09 19:57:16

Why do all ginger people need to row outside your house???wink

dxx

WizardNoHeart Sun 28-Jun-09 20:11:08

Lol at not shagging, you nearly gave it away there! wink

Qally Sun 28-Jun-09 20:18:56

You say that, OP, but hearing some poor girl earnestly explain that "I mean, I really loved, you, you know, and we more or less lived together, right, and then you suddenly disappeared and next thing I knew X said you'd started sleeping with Y, which, you know, I mean God I dont own you, you had every right to, but..."

NO HE BLOODY WELL DIDN'T! HAVE SOME FECKING PRIDE!

Bloke in question was just going, mmm, I see why you think that, uh huh, oh right... as non-committally as he possibly could. You just knew he was desperate to get away, and she was going to sober up the next day and wish she were dead. I went out and explained that they were keeping the baby awake (was true, they were, but that wasn't my main reason for wanting to stop it being in earshot - I was wincing).

Other rows recently have involved a bloke threatening to kill the other bloke if his gf didn't swear never to see him again, and a woman arguing about anal sex. Never did get to know if she was refusing or demanding though - they walked on.

WE also have regular cat fights. The genuine, feline kind. My god, the yowling.

Can you tell we live in a student area?

Kimi Sun 28-Jun-09 20:27:56

Better then eastenders grin

Qally Sun 28-Jun-09 20:35:31

Yeah, but you can turn Eastenders off.

We've just sold the house, BTW. grin

RunningFaery Mon 29-Jun-09 20:15:21

Last time our neighbour across the road had an argument with someone, me and my next door neighbour got out our camping chairs and sat in the front garden with cups of tea, watching as they screamed at each other and then the police turned up and told them all off for time wasting. We are not subtle grin

drowninginclutter Mon 29-Jun-09 20:21:04

YANBU. Our neighbours a couple of doors down had a huge great barney outside our house (she was leaving him and had got that far, apparently). Eventually he persuaded her to go back to their house to finish arguing and I really wanted to know what happened next...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now