Advanced search

......to think that Cricket 'Whites' must have been invented by a man

(13 Posts)
Rubyrubyrubyinthegame Sun 28-Jun-09 13:26:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Rubyrubyrubyinthegame Sun 28-Jun-09 15:15:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TheCrackFox Sun 28-Jun-09 15:26:41

I think the same can be said about chef whites. I lose all my eco credentials because they need boiled washed with a capful of bleach. blush Otherwise they don't look very hygenic.

Littlefish Sun 28-Jun-09 15:28:14

I've given up Ruby. Dh has to do his own grin.

pagwatch Sun 28-Jun-09 15:29:09

No

Having watched the most gorgeous 6 ft blonde man wander around a cricket field in whites on a blissful summer afternoon and then spend the evening shagging him senseless, my personal view is they were invented by a woman like me - only about 20 years younger

<<pag does wistful sigh and losses an afternoon in nostalgia>>

<<pag realises she is going to have to remember to seperate reality from false memory lusting when watching Stuart Broad during the ashes>>

TheProfiteroleThief Sun 28-Jun-09 15:32:29

Seriously?
Call them a badge of honour and stick through regular wash grin

pagwatch Sun 28-Jun-09 15:32:39

and btw
a little bit of water mixed with vanish powder covering the stain and leave over night- then stick in the washing machine. Works every time.

<<damm housekeeping practicality overtaking my pervy daydreaming. I am old. [sigh] >>

LovelyTinOfSpam Sun 28-Jun-09 15:40:05

They were invented in the days when posh people with servants played cricket.

If you don't have a large estate with multiple servants on hand to deal with these things then make them do the bloody things themselves grin

2rebecca Sun 28-Jun-09 17:20:37

I use vanish soap rubbed in well, then rub trousers with nail brush to get off bulk of stain and put a vanish white wash powder in with ordinary powder. Bloke does look gorgeous in them, but they should be green, brown and red.

MrsBadger Sun 28-Jun-09 17:29:07

(for the record Napisan is much cheaper than Vanish powder and works in exactly the same way, you can even make the paste & leave overnight)

CuppaTeaJanice Sun 28-Jun-09 17:40:22

What about the pants they wear underneath though? Either a nasty jockstrap with elastic round the bum, or white briefs (boak) with a pouch at the front for the box. Really not sexy at all...

DP washes his own...I'm not going anywhere near the smelly things!!

Stayingsunnygirl Sun 28-Jun-09 17:44:40

I wish I could make ds2 wash his cricket whites himself, but since he is utterly incapable even of putting dirty washing in the washing basket, he'd be wearing the filthiest whites in the known universe all the time.

But I don't scrub grass stains either - I use daz and vanish powder and that has to suffice.

2rebecca Sun 28-Jun-09 18:02:29

Never looked at the white pants that closely. Just had a peer at them. They have a pouch for the box but aren't that awful, thy're kookaburra. Main problem is he only has 1 pair and is playing twice a week so he has to remember to wash them as we don't do 2 white washes a week normally.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now