Talk

Advanced search

To expect a table of 5 adults to actually do something when there child is constantly attacking other children?

(5 Posts)
mrshippy Fri 26-Jun-09 20:57:08

A little boy, 2ish, was constantly attack pulling other childrens hair, biting and cheek pinching. Literally every 5 minutes a child would do it until most of the children had been 'got'at least once. He even pulled older childrens hair through the netting, when he was safely on the otherside. I've seen some difficult kids, but nothing as bad as this. He 'got' DD about 5 times, the final time biting her ear. He did the same to several other children. The really annoying thing was his family did NOTHING. His twin brother was covered in bite marks and pinch marks. The family sat around drinking coffee and otherwise totally ignored him. The only time his mum intervened was when he was close to their table, when she just apologised and told him no, quietly whilst hugging him!. Mum, Dad, Grandparents just totally ignored him - which is probably why he kept doing it. He was otherwise totally quiet, never once cried, just following children around and hurting them. How can five adults just sit there and ignore that? It's so awkward for other parents who want to sort it out.

Janet107 Fri 26-Jun-09 21:19:16

honestly, after the second time I would have told the child to stop myself.
After a third I would have reported it to the staff.
The poor child's parent's obviously don't give a toss but it doesn't stop others reacting in a (and I stress) assertive manner to stop the behaviour.
That's really rather sad.
No, it's bloody awful.

pinklady5 Fri 26-Jun-09 21:27:54

IMO he was doing this for attention ,
your poor DD though , agree with janet107 after 2nd time i would have told the child to stop loud enough for parents to hear .

mamas12 Fri 26-Jun-09 23:18:22

Why didn't you say something?

slowreadingprogress Fri 26-Jun-09 23:31:08

i wouldnt' have allowed another child to 'get' mine 5 times including biting their ear, tbh. I do sympathise, it's not your fault - but I've had this alot with ds. If you're the parent who IS bothering to watch and 'police' the action, unfortunately you are the one who has to deal with stuff and stop it. I still get this on the school playground with ds - god knows where the other parents are, they are NEVER around, so I just wade in and protect my ds.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now