Talk

Advanced search

to reckon that F-I-L has probably not had a live cricket in his ear for the last month?

(11 Posts)
mrsrawlinson Thu 25-Jun-09 22:28:59

He asked me to get him some Otex the other day. When I gave it to him, he explained that he'd been mowing the lawn about 4 weeks ago and a little cricket flew into his ear, where it now spends all day chirruping. He thinks it might have moved into his sinus now.

Am I just being a cynical and unsympathetic D-I-L, or is this further proof that he is indeed mad as a box of frogs?

And also, I'm no botanist, but aren't crickets nocturnal?

Hormonesnomore Thu 25-Jun-09 22:32:34

mad as a box of frogs indeed grin

mind you, my dad once had a spider in his ear (or so he claimed) - said he could hear it clicking hmm

mrsrawlinson Thu 25-Jun-09 22:35:40

Do spiders click, then? I need to read more Gerald Durrell...

snigger Thu 25-Jun-09 22:36:15

Does your FIL's nose grow when he tells porkers? Does he want to be a real boy?

Crickets indeed. Ia Otex recommended as a bug repellant?

PacificDogwood Thu 25-Jun-09 22:37:22

'Tis called "tinnitus".

Get your FIL to see his GP, not a vet, there is no cricket grin, but equally he may not be mad wink.

PacificDogwood Thu 25-Jun-09 22:39:07

Here's more info.

Hormonesnomore Thu 25-Jun-09 22:40:26

I did wonder about the clicking spider - I suffer from tinnitus (mostly ringing, but occasionally clicking) & hate spiders, so every time I hear a click, I think there just might be a spider in my ear blush.

Gawd, I think I need to see a doctor...

mrsrawlinson Fri 26-Jun-09 09:06:30

First thing I'm doing this morning is buying some ear plugs.

dawntigga Fri 26-Jun-09 09:37:23

Erm ITYF he's probably madder than peas which are considerably madder than frogs. Still he could be boring and normalwink

dxx

mrsrawlinson Fri 26-Jun-09 19:25:08

Oh, for a boring, normal set of in-laws [dream come true emoticon]

Tidey Fri 26-Jun-09 19:28:27

I think sometimes I read too fast. I read the OP as 'He thinks it might have moved into his anus now'. I did wonder how it had migrated that far...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now