Talk

Advanced search

To have been quite rude to this call centre worker?

(16 Posts)
Deemented Thu 25-Jun-09 19:47:55

I know that he was only doing his job, but gahhhhhhh!!! This is the conversation..

Him - Please may i speak with Mr Deemented?

Me - No, i'm sorry, you can't.

Him - It's imperitive i speak with him - it's a once in a lifetime offer.

Me - look, i'm really sorry but it's really not possible.

Him - if you could just tell him that i'm calling then i'm sure he'll want to speak to me, in fact, can you just tell him i'm calling right now please.

Me - No. I can't. I've already told you that you can't speak to him and if you let me explain

Him - [butting in] Oh, i can see who wears the trousers in your house. When do you think it would be possible for me to contact Mr Deemented?

Me - Do you have a ouija board?

Him - eh?

Me - it's the only fucking way you'd get to speak to him - he's been dead for ten months.

With that he slammed the phone down.

angry

funnypeculiar Thu 25-Jun-09 19:49:28

YANBU.
And HE slammed the phone down - what a git!

Singstar Thu 25-Jun-09 19:51:19

God that's awful - YANBU at all !! Its got nothing to do with him just doing his job. I've worked in sales all my career and if I ever made a mistake like (not that I would ever be so hard sales as that guy) I would feel terrible and at least have the decency to apologise. What a twat !

Thunderduck Thu 25-Jun-09 19:51:52

YANBU.

Ivykaty44 Thu 25-Jun-09 19:51:59

I think you had every right to tell hime why he couldn't speak to Mr demented, tbh I think you were rather restrained I would have torn him up and spat him out very slowly

Sorry for your loss sad

OldLadyKnowsNothing Thu 25-Jun-09 19:52:02

YANBU.

nickytwotimes Thu 25-Jun-09 19:52:47

Yanbu.
That is shockingly bad manners on his part.

purepurple Thu 25-Jun-09 19:52:56

YANBU
what a dickhead
I hate cold callers angry angry

If they phone again just put the phone on the side and leave them to it.
How long before they realise no-one is listening?

drowninginclutter Thu 25-Jun-09 19:53:10

I didn't know the history and was thinking he sounded like an annoying twunt before you got to the end.

YANBU and he should have apologised.

MildredRoper Thu 25-Jun-09 19:53:31

No Yanbu.

Hope you're OK.

cornsilk Thu 25-Jun-09 19:53:35

That's awful. Are you okay?

Lizzylou Thu 25-Jun-09 19:55:03

FGS, what an absolute shit.

I have worked in call centres as a student/just after Uni and have always worked in sales related roles, that is the rudest, most unsympathetic thing I have ever heard.

Y'ok?

smartiejake Thu 25-Jun-09 20:01:03

Do 1471 see if there is a number.See if you can find out who called and complain big time.

I loathe cold callers. I usually say "Yes hang on a minute, I'll just go and get him." then don't hang up and leave them just hanging there.

GhostOfPsychomum5 Thu 25-Jun-09 20:01:10

do you know the company???

that is dreadful behaviour, and he should be reported!!

for you.

Deemented Thu 25-Jun-09 20:01:16

Yeah, im ok, thanks. Just fucking pissed off with it all. I filled in all the forms and rang supposedly the right people so i wouldn't be getting mail/calls for dh anymore. Seems like someones slipped through the net.

LollipopViolet Thu 25-Jun-09 20:10:08

YANBU and this is coming from someone who works in a call centre! That's appalling customer service, did you get a name and number, I'd report him to his line manager. If I'd said that at work, I wouldn't be working there much longer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now