Talk

Advanced search

To have been quite rude to this call centre worker?

(16 Posts)
Deemented Thu 25-Jun-09 19:47:55

I know that he was only doing his job, but gahhhhhhh!!! This is the conversation..

Him - Please may i speak with Mr Deemented?

Me - No, i'm sorry, you can't.

Him - It's imperitive i speak with him - it's a once in a lifetime offer.

Me - look, i'm really sorry but it's really not possible.

Him - if you could just tell him that i'm calling then i'm sure he'll want to speak to me, in fact, can you just tell him i'm calling right now please.

Me - No. I can't. I've already told you that you can't speak to him and if you let me explain

Him - [butting in] Oh, i can see who wears the trousers in your house. When do you think it would be possible for me to contact Mr Deemented?

Me - Do you have a ouija board?

Him - eh?

Me - it's the only fucking way you'd get to speak to him - he's been dead for ten months.

With that he slammed the phone down.

angry

funnypeculiar Thu 25-Jun-09 19:49:28

YANBU.
And HE slammed the phone down - what a git!

Singstar Thu 25-Jun-09 19:51:19

God that's awful - YANBU at all !! Its got nothing to do with him just doing his job. I've worked in sales all my career and if I ever made a mistake like (not that I would ever be so hard sales as that guy) I would feel terrible and at least have the decency to apologise. What a twat !

Thunderduck Thu 25-Jun-09 19:51:52

YANBU.

Ivykaty44 Thu 25-Jun-09 19:51:59

I think you had every right to tell hime why he couldn't speak to Mr demented, tbh I think you were rather restrained I would have torn him up and spat him out very slowly

Sorry for your loss sad

OldLadyKnowsNothing Thu 25-Jun-09 19:52:02

YANBU.

nickytwotimes Thu 25-Jun-09 19:52:47

Yanbu.
That is shockingly bad manners on his part.

purepurple Thu 25-Jun-09 19:52:56

YANBU
what a dickhead
I hate cold callers angry angry

If they phone again just put the phone on the side and leave them to it.
How long before they realise no-one is listening?

drowninginclutter Thu 25-Jun-09 19:53:10

I didn't know the history and was thinking he sounded like an annoying twunt before you got to the end.

YANBU and he should have apologised.

MildredRoper Thu 25-Jun-09 19:53:31

No Yanbu.

Hope you're OK.

cornsilk Thu 25-Jun-09 19:53:35

That's awful. Are you okay?

Lizzylou Thu 25-Jun-09 19:55:03

FGS, what an absolute shit.

I have worked in call centres as a student/just after Uni and have always worked in sales related roles, that is the rudest, most unsympathetic thing I have ever heard.

Y'ok?

smartiejake Thu 25-Jun-09 20:01:03

Do 1471 see if there is a number.See if you can find out who called and complain big time.

I loathe cold callers. I usually say "Yes hang on a minute, I'll just go and get him." then don't hang up and leave them just hanging there.

GhostOfPsychomum5 Thu 25-Jun-09 20:01:10

do you know the company???

that is dreadful behaviour, and he should be reported!!

for you.

Deemented Thu 25-Jun-09 20:01:16

Yeah, im ok, thanks. Just fucking pissed off with it all. I filled in all the forms and rang supposedly the right people so i wouldn't be getting mail/calls for dh anymore. Seems like someones slipped through the net.

LollipopViolet Thu 25-Jun-09 20:10:08

YANBU and this is coming from someone who works in a call centre! That's appalling customer service, did you get a name and number, I'd report him to his line manager. If I'd said that at work, I wouldn't be working there much longer.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: