Talk

Advanced search

to be upset that my cleaner keeps moving my furniture/things?

(10 Posts)
Leslaki Thu 25-Jun-09 18:11:38

I've had a bit of arought ime over hte last year and a half (Xh had an affair, left and then made the divorce as hard as poss, dragged it through the courts etc. Anyway I'm on my own with 2 DC and have finally got the house and am starting to get it the way I want it. My gran kindly bought me a sofa bed for my conservatory and it looks fab - I was so pleased, it was kind my independence room IYKWIM. Anyway I've got a cleaner (friend from the playground) and she ahs always movd pictures etc around which I've put down to her moving to dust. Anyway, got home and she moved all my furniture around in the consservatory and changed everything!! brought in things from the lounge, took things out etc!!! I was so upset but don't know what to do. She hadn't cleaned in the conservatory BTW!!! She is a v good cleaner and I need her as I have 2 jobs (full time and part time and work weekends - cons is tiny but MY space) and I don't want to lose her, just don't want her to
a. change my hosue around - I've got it the way i want it (or am getting there!)
b. spend time moving furniture and not clean - she's only there for 2 hours!

What should I do? leave a jokey note or wait till next time (I've moved it all back again) and if she does it again, tackle her then?

Know it's no a major issue but it really got to me!! My first bit of space and independence and she messed it up!!! petty I know, but...

Leslaki Thu 25-Jun-09 18:12:29

scuse typos!

LaurieFairyCake Thu 25-Jun-09 18:14:32

yep you have to tell her. She probably thinks she's doing a nice thing for you seeing as you work so hard. Move it back and leave a note saying you like it that way and not to move stuff.

sweetfall Thu 25-Jun-09 18:15:26

leave her a note or speak to her

tell her that you'd prefer if she would use the time to clean and not to move your stuff around. Say you appreciate what she's trying to do but you like your things where you put them

ninah Thu 25-Jun-09 18:15:31

she's a friend? talk to her, she's prob trying to help

burningupinspeed Thu 25-Jun-09 18:16:09

Don't leave a jokey note, speak to her, either phone her or arrange to be in when she visits next.

Tell her you like everything where it is and she is to leave it alone. This is bizarre, you are paying her to create work for you and she is not even cleaning it - but you say she's a good cleaner hmm

YAtotallyNBU

ginormoboobs Thu 25-Jun-09 18:18:01

YANBU
I would call her and tell her that you are not happy with her re-arranging your furniture. Also mention the fact that the conservatory had not been cleaned.
Just say something like " I noticed that you have moved things around in my house. I am not happy about this. I liked the way it was and I have had to spend my time putting it back. Please do not do it again."
My parents run their own cleaning company. If they move things to dust , they are put back in exactly the same place. They would never move anything around.
No jokey note. Tell her straight.

Leslaki Thu 25-Jun-09 19:34:09

yeah, think I will have to do it then. Just don't like confrontation, but I suppose I am paying her to clean not interior design/do a Changing Rooms! Thanks!

zeke Thu 25-Jun-09 19:54:02

My SIL's cleaner does this kind of stuff - not on that scale though shock!

I would leave a note like sweetfall suggested. I would also immediately put all the furtniture back to how YOU like it.

ReneRusso Thu 25-Jun-09 20:19:47

YANBU. Yes, I would do a note, light-hearted, or just casually mention to her that you have put the furniture back and see what she says. You have to be careful not to cause offence with cleaners wink

On the subject of annoying cleaners, mine asked me recently if I was "expecting". I'm not and I am not particularly overweight either, but have been TTC for 7 months angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now