Talk

Advanced search

to go a tiny bit Stepford?

(9 Posts)
dawntigga Thu 25-Jun-09 15:11:35

Have finally got around to selling a project motorbike I'm never going to have time to build. 'Friends' are coming to collect it, he's always lovely but she is as prickly as a cactus, I quite like them but I know she'll be her normal self and want to get into a pissing contest, I never engage and say that's nice when she startswink

I've put up with years of her being the big I am - the way I looked at it is if she wanted the spot light she could have it, I'd go off and have a good time. She's always done it better and bigger than everyone else. She once turned around to me and told me I'm the only female she'd ever met that didn't want to be her - frankly I've enough trouble just being me without adding to that! If I go Stepford on her I know it will totally wind her up and that's something that gives me a tiny warm glow inside. I'm a petty, low person but I am humanblush

Oh, everytime we wanted to meet up with them we would have to travel the 30 miles or so to them they'd never come and see us.

Ooooh I've got some unresolved issues herewink

Am off to make myself a strawberry icecream milkshake to make up for the imminent doom.

dxx

RumourOfAHurricane Thu 25-Jun-09 15:31:36

Message withdrawn

mumsiebumsie Thu 25-Jun-09 15:36:09

Interesting story - thanks! hmm

RumourOfAHurricane Thu 25-Jun-09 15:38:49

Message withdrawn

dawntigga Thu 25-Jun-09 15:54:54

She thinks she's a rock goddess and anyone who aspires to be a SAHM needs their head examining

That's what you get for typing whilst feeding!

dxx

Lizzylou Thu 25-Jun-09 15:56:56

Get your apron on and hand her a freshly baked muffin then smile

dawntigga Thu 25-Jun-09 17:44:20

LOL the biscuits just came out of the oven - this could be funwink

dxx

ninah Thu 25-Jun-09 17:47:24

don't get me wrong but I don't know that a Stepford wife would be expert on project motorbikes, you may just have blown your cover

SlartyBartFast Thu 25-Jun-09 17:50:10

i expect she's jealous of you and yoru biscuits

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now