Talk

Advanced search

AIBU or have I somehow morphed into a prim and prissy DM-reading grumpy old woman?

(10 Posts)
Mintyy Thu 25-Jun-09 14:18:34

Saw a young girl with lovely big bump on display. She must have been about 7 months pregnant. She was a bohemian-looking little soul, all gothic drapes and shawls, loads of black eyeliner, etc, an art student type iykwim. All well and good, I love a quirky looking youngster.

BUT and here I tut tutted to myself. Part of her apparel was a huge white vest worn over everything else with a handpaited (I think) arrow and the words "Runway" pointing down and positioned right over her fanjo.

I just thought "God, how vulgar!"

I know iabu - but I don't care! he he

mumblechum Thu 25-Jun-09 14:20:20

YANBU, that's frightfully common imo <<sniff>>

MamaLazarou Thu 25-Jun-09 14:22:11

I don't get it. hmm

blinder Thu 25-Jun-09 14:32:51

I want one of those vests but with the words 'Run Away!' instead.

Delirium Thu 25-Jun-09 14:37:18

I like it! blush but then I wore all sorts of slogans when I was pg, my favourite was a long vest with "Hands off the bump" in big letters and a t-shirt with an oven timer on the front. I had a button badge which said, "I chose to have a baby but I'm glad I had a choice!"

so, YAB a bit U - it wasn't offensive or contentious (IMO) and it was a little amusing. <<gavel>>

Rubyrubyrubyinthegame Thu 25-Jun-09 14:39:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LovelyTinOfSpam Thu 25-Jun-09 14:46:05

She'll be lucky if it's like a runway. IME more like a brick wall which cannot be broken through...

<birth ishoooos dontcha know grin>

Mintyy Thu 25-Jun-09 14:46:38

Oh I don't know. If she had the word UDDERS stretched across her breasts I'd also find that vulgar. You see, that's why I was asking if iabu, even though I secretly know I probably am - just an old fuddy duddy.

Rubyrubyrubyinthegame Thu 25-Jun-09 14:52:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LovelyTinOfSpam Thu 25-Jun-09 14:55:54

That makes it sound like the baby is going to go shooting up her ruby!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now