Talk

Advanced search

To think that one of my children's toys is possessed?

(95 Posts)
Rhubarb Thu 25-Jun-09 14:00:35

We got it from a charity shop and after scanning the internet, a fellow Mumsnetter discovered what it was. It's a Pino robot. It grows up through 3 stages the more you play with it. It sings, dances, walks, plays games and does lots of other noises and movements.

Anyway, the kids left it turned on but ran out into the garden to play yesterday. When no-one plays with it, it's supposed to start snoring and go to sleep. I'm reading the paper. Suddenly it squeaks "Eh Oh!", I ignore it. It turns it's head around and moves it's arms, I ignore it still. Then silence. Then it starts singing Happy Birthday. I get mildly annoyed but it stops and there is silence. I notice a movement out of the corner of my eye, I look up and the bloody thing is looking straight at me. I say "fuck off!" and it shakes it's head!

I'm feeling a little freaked so I get up to turn it off, as I do so, it starts shaking it's head again. I decide to leave it for the kids to sort out, I gather up my paper and go to move into my room when the bloody thing starts WALKING TOWARDS ME!

I've never moved so bloody fast!

SoupDragon Thu 25-Jun-09 14:01:46

DS1 has the Pino robot!

MadreInglese Thu 25-Jun-09 14:02:23

LOL @ telling a toy to F off grin

call the priest

SoupDragon Thu 25-Jun-09 14:02:39

Was it waving a small but wickedly sharp knife in one hand?

Picante Thu 25-Jun-09 14:02:51

grin

MrsMotMot Thu 25-Jun-09 14:02:54

Freakyyyyyyy. <shudder>

Rhubarb Thu 25-Jun-09 14:04:30

Soupy, our Pino refuses to reset! We've pressed the reset button and taken out the batteries, but it stays at the same age.

It really is a little freaky anyway, but I'm convinced that there was a reason this one ended up in the charity shop!

SoupDragon Thu 25-Jun-09 14:08:13

It ended up there after its previous house was cleared following the mysterious murder of the owners and their family. A crime for which no one was ever convicted...

(I'll see if i can find the instructions but don't hold your breath!)

TheChilliMoose Thu 25-Jun-09 14:08:25

Oh my God! Get it out of there now!

ninedragons Thu 25-Jun-09 14:09:44

Sell it on eBay with a vague description implying but by no means guaranteeing that you think it is haunted/possessed.

Somebody sent me a link to a perfectly ordinary, drab little cupboard that had gone for hundreds of pounds because the seller said it was possessed and wanted it out of the house. Apparently people search for haunted stuff on eBay - who would have thought it?

Rhubarb Thu 25-Jun-09 14:09:56

It's a right stroppy robot too, it always shakes it's head when the kids want it to walk, and then suddenly start walking when they've given up asking.

What do I do if I find it at the end of my bed one night holding the kitchen knife?

differentID Thu 25-Jun-09 14:10:14

Are you on speaking terms with the local Catholic priest?

grumblinalong Thu 25-Jun-09 14:10:40

Soon it'll be masturbating with a crucifix and levitating. Be afraid, be very afraid.

Rhubarb Thu 25-Jun-09 14:11:05

I AM catholic! I wonder if the kids would mind if I bathed it in Holy Water?

MamaLazarou Thu 25-Jun-09 14:11:13

I think you should buy a female version of this robot (put a bow on its head to avoid confusion) as it is clearly lonely and needs company.

Rhubarb Thu 25-Jun-09 14:11:32

It's cock is on it's nose, which is quite unfortunate.

dawntigga Thu 25-Jun-09 14:11:40

YANBU we will NOT have monkeys who have cymbals in the house for this very reason.

Dxx who may very well have read to much Steven King

Rhubarb Thu 25-Jun-09 14:12:08

MamaLazarou, they do communicate with others of their kind. Soupy.....................?

Woooozle100 Thu 25-Jun-09 14:12:58

Eeek! I had something like this with toy radio thingy from charity shop. You know that thing supposedly on Abbey Road record - if played backwards it says Paul is Dead? That's like the noise this radio makes sporadically. Especially through the night

Maybe its in communication with yr Pino. These charity shop toys are out to get us!

TheChilliMoose Thu 25-Jun-09 14:16:07

Its cock is on its nose? Now we really have to see a picture.

Longtalljosie Thu 25-Jun-09 14:16:16

Take out the batteries. If it's still talking, run like the wind...

Rhubarb Thu 25-Jun-09 14:17:33

Oh boy, this is where it was born!

grumblinalong Thu 25-Jun-09 14:20:12

We had a haunted guitar when I was a kid (I can't believe I'm recounting this). It was 'gifted' to us from a not so kindly neighbour. My dad shoved it under my brothers bed and seriously, my brother was terrified every night for a year because he could hear faint music. He was only a wee boy too, poor thing.

Rhubarb Thu 25-Jun-09 14:20:25

NOW I'm scared, what if they've programmed ours to kill? Have you SEEN those scary people and the things they make?

differentID Thu 25-Jun-09 14:21:18

can you put it in the middle of the road for it to be "accidentally" run over?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now