Talk

Advanced search

To think using a friend's/relative's child as a profile pic is just weird?

(8 Posts)
WishingChairAgain Wed 24-Jun-09 10:26:09

If a sibling of yours or your OHs asked you permission to have some photos of your dc on Facebook - and you agreed - would you be alright with seeing that they've used it as their MAIN profile pic (as opposed to having it in a photo album) for over a year? Not a pic of FB user+your dc but just your dc.

If you were a friend of said FB user would you find it odd that a 35 year old woman is using her baby niece's photo (she does say it's her niece, she's not pretending the child is hers or anything) to identify herself on FB?

So AIBU and AIBU?

Frasersmum123 Wed 24-Jun-09 11:00:39

Its a bit odd - is she very close to your DD?

bigchris Wed 24-Jun-09 11:02:36

Yanbu, that is very odd

thumbwitch Wed 24-Jun-09 11:03:21

s'a bit odd but perhaps she is just inordinately proud of her niece? When my first niece was born I did a huge email out to all my friends with the pic of her, even though she wasn't my baby - even I thought I was a bit sad but hey!

MagNacarta Wed 24-Jun-09 11:03:28

Yep, odd.

WishingChairAgain Wed 24-Jun-09 11:09:15

Yes she is proud of her. It seems harmless in spite of the strangeness so I think I'll leave it awhile and hope she takes it down.

katiestar Wed 24-Jun-09 11:12:58

I presume she has no DCs?I don't think its weird ,she just thinks your DD is lovely (and doesn't want to post a pic of herself !)

Cadmum Wed 24-Jun-09 11:13:09

Slightly odd but judging from the photos I see on various profiles not alone.

My sil occasionally has a photo of one of my dcs. She uses it to express her mood. (The one of dd1 shows her curls bouncing around her head as she jumps on a trampoline for example.)

I thought at first that it was slightly odd but her other friends seem to like it because she always gets comments when they come up.

Would you prefer that she takes it down? Could you ask her?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now