Talk

Advanced search

to think that 33 dolls is WAY too many for a 3 year old! LOL

(12 Posts)
BONKERZ Tue 23-Jun-09 17:24:32

i know im not being unreasonable! LOL
Have sorted my daughters toy boxes out today and have found over 33 dolls of all sizes!
NOW i know that is more than she will ever need and to be fair some are from when i was a childminder BUT i still could not figure out which ones to get rid of! My DD has names for each of them and they all have a turn being baby!!!!!

bigchris Tue 23-Jun-09 17:25:09

perfect timing with summer fetes asking for stuff to sell grin

edam Tue 23-Jun-09 17:29:52

I'd have hated it if my mother gave any of my dolls away. <sob> I loved each and every one of them and they all had complicated sibling relationships - you know, the eldest was a responsible big sister, there was a naughty one, one who was very good at jumping...

Occasionally when I have cause to go up in my mother's loft I spot the suitcase with all my old dolls in and feel VERY guilty that they are so unloved. blush (Don't have a dd and suspect charity shops would refuse an elderly tiny tears...)

PortBlacksandResident Tue 23-Jun-09 17:36:04

Awww.

I had a round white case with a doll inside with a long white gown etc. It was called 'Carrie's Christening Set'. wonder what happened to her?

She was, however my only doll - at least the only one i remember.

BONKERZ Tue 23-Jun-09 17:39:08

i know i had lots of dolls as a kid and my DD gets a few every birthday and christmas. She does have one of my rag dolls which was made for me and is now nearly 22 years old!
I honestly could not throw any away or give any away without her say so....i may have to have the talk with her about other children liking them! I have put 15 away so i can rotate them! LOL

CarGirl Tue 23-Jun-09 17:43:43

Message withdrawn

FabBakerGirlIsBack Tue 23-Jun-09 17:45:25

You must keep them all.

How can you expect your daughter to give her baby away? shockgrin

edam Tue 23-Jun-09 17:55:59

Every so slightly, cargirl! Don't think I had any plastic dolls smaller than Tiny Tears, sorry. Ragdolls, Tiny Tears, older walking and talking dolls but no Bernice as far as I recall.

CarGirl Tue 23-Jun-09 18:04:38

sad

how I managed not to kill or maime dh is still a mystery. Of course she looked tatty she was 34 years old and had been LOVED and had the obligatory hair cut.

Thanks for considering it though.

BONKERZ Tue 23-Jun-09 18:06:59

ok so general consensus is that this many dolls is normal for one girl! LOL

anyone want to adopt???????????

CarGirl Tue 23-Jun-09 18:11:42

I'm quite mean, I think my 3 young dds have about 6 dolls between them. I just kept weeding them out on the quiet! They have an annabelle each plus a chou chou and 2 smaller dolls so enough when friends come to play too.

crokky Tue 23-Jun-09 18:15:30

My DS (also 3) has at least that many Thomas trains!!!!! I could not possibly get rid of any - he would know immediately and go beserk!!! My DD has only one doll (she 15m) - I don't get the dolls thing, but I do get it in relation to trains grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now