Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To get some kind of soaking or static shock treatment

(12 Posts)
FabBakerGirlIsBack Tue 23-Jun-09 17:22:21

fitted to stop people walking across my front garden, right by my window, to get to next door?

angry

Just bloody rude and lazy.

claricebeansmum Tue 23-Jun-09 17:23:33

Be ready with a bucket of water...

"oops...I was just cleaning my windows and the bucket slipped" grin

MadreInglese Tue 23-Jun-09 17:26:20

What about a fence?

HecatesTwopenceworth Tue 23-Jun-09 17:28:33

is it a right of way? if not, put a fence up.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Tue 23-Jun-09 17:29:24

I think it would have to be a fence all the way round to stop them. It is our lawn but they last metre or so is theirs.

HecatesTwopenceworth Tue 23-Jun-09 17:36:46

Do they have alternative access? Some houses have access through their neighbours garden, is this one?

If not, then yes, fence is probably the only thing that will stop people. - make sure it's too high to climb over!

FabBakerGirlIsBack Tue 23-Jun-09 19:04:00

Not at all.

They just don't want to walk back up our drive, along the pathway and then down to the next door neighbours front door.

HecatesTwopenceworth Tue 23-Jun-09 19:25:06

there you go. would all be stopped by a fence.

Assuming from your last post that this is not visitors to your neighbours, but door to door callers? Since you say they come to your house first?

FabBakerGirlIsBack Tue 23-Jun-09 19:27:14

It was a man delivering a leaflet for a takeaway. More annoying than usual as we don't have takeaways. The postman does it too.

FGS when DD had a serious accident I thought about it before running across a bit of my neighbours garden.

MadreInglese Wed 24-Jun-09 11:54:37

Could you put a few pot plants or ornaments or something down the edge to deter them? Or a large holly bush? grin

FabBakerGirlIsBack Wed 24-Jun-09 12:59:03

Good thinking but I expect they would step over it. It scared me someone appearing so suddenly so close, and that is what bothered me really.

StealthPolarBear Wed 24-Jun-09 13:02:54

IKWYM - this used to happen in our last house. I didn't mind children in the street playing on our lawn (apart from when DH had put weedkiller down) but it seemed so lazy to just come to our door and then walk straight across it to get next door. It's not crime of the century but it used to really bother me

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now