Talk

Advanced search

to think DP should move occasionally

(6 Posts)
makipuppy Tue 23-Jun-09 16:19:08

DP is slaving away in his office creating the computer program that will make us rich hmm but he has not moved since 8am. I have offered him food and water and have been curtly told NO. He hasn't even been to the loo (unless he's wearing nappies or wetting his pants).

We are moving house and countries tomorrow, but I haven't started packing because we have no boxes because he hasn't driven me to the shop where they sell them or even to the supermarket where I might get some for free (we're overseas, I'm very pregnant and incapable of driving our right-hand drive car on the left without laying waste to half the city - judge as you will).

It's also a gorgeous day and we have a hammock on the terrace that is now edging into the dappled sunlight.

lechatnoir Tue 23-Jun-09 16:21:44

Get thee to the hammock grin

Lulumama Tue 23-Jun-09 16:23:00

how are you going to move tomorrow without having packed anything?? <<worried>>

makipuppy Tue 23-Jun-09 16:31:17

We have stuff but no furniture - we came with everything in a van and are driving back (11 hours!) in the same one. But we do live up 100 steps and DP will have to do all the shifting because i'm so pregnant.

He did this on the way over here - we were stuffing things in carrier bags while the guy who had bought the house waited outside in his car shock. And we'd wasted hours getting the eye test and glasses he suddenly realised he couldn't drive without!

It's always going to be like this <gloomy emoticon>

Lulumama Tue 23-Jun-09 17:31:22

poor, poor, poooooor you

good luck with it all

makipuppy Tue 23-Jun-09 18:07:59

Thanks lulumama! I will be fine, DP will bear the brunt and if he wants a nightmare then so be it! I am the vessel of the next generation and all that...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now