Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to be pissed off that a friend is spamming my work contacts?

(8 Posts)
TheDevilWearsSocksWithSandals Tue 23-Jun-09 13:16:13

I sent an email to a group and for some reason included her in it.

She's now sending at least 5 emails a day with jokes (some racist) and urban myths to important clients.

I've emailed her about it but she keeps doing it.

hereidrawtheline Tue 23-Jun-09 13:17:29

ooooooh that is bad form

you might need to be firm with her about it.

TheDevilWearsSocksWithSandals Tue 23-Jun-09 13:19:59

I'm guessing she just sends to all her email 'contacts' but it's not cool.

I think I'll ring her, harsh as it is and say STOP

fucksticks Tue 23-Jun-09 13:21:25

Thats terrible!
Have you got her phone number? I'd be tempted to call her and say one of your important clients has complained about a racist joke from her and is threatening to not do business with you if it doesnt stop... might make her realise!

hereidrawtheline Tue 23-Jun-09 13:22:35

yes but that is just not on! I have hundreds of people in my address book if I sent them all the crap I sent out I'd have a lynch mob after me. As it is I am mortified my email account doubled & tripled up on a message that I did write myself but was still not personal if that makes sense. I wont be sending another one of those out again it is just not email etiquette!

skidoodle Tue 23-Jun-09 13:23:48

No, yanbu. At all.

I can't believe you asked her to stop and she kept doing it.

TreeTrunkThighs Tue 23-Jun-09 13:32:03

YANBU.

In future, when you email a group, why don't you do it as a blind copy.

I once really peed someone off at work by sending a legit email to a group including someone's (I realised after) private email address. Unbeknown to me she didn't want certain people to have her private email address and I gave it away. I was given great advice to do it as bcc and try and share this advice when I can That way no-one can gleen addresses from your email - including phishers (is that right?) or people like your friend.

OldLadyKnowsNothing Tue 23-Jun-09 13:33:37

As TreeTrunkThighs has said, you should have bcc'd it. You gave the addresses away, YABU to be upset with her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now