Talk

Advanced search

to want DH home from the pub

(12 Posts)
RunningFaery Mon 22-Jun-09 23:38:59

I received a text 2 hours ago now saying that "he was just finishing his pint."
It must be an awfully big pint if he is still drinking it. I'm so tired but I've still made him chicken casserole from scratch (which he knows) and it's sitting going cold. I've been in the house all day with only the cat to talk to, and the only real human contact being my doctor phoning to tell me I am anaemic. I'm pregnant, tired and headachey and do not need him to roll in at 3 in the morning, blind drunk telling me he is "sooooo shorry and I'll never evereverever do it again. Promish."
I don't think I would mind as much as long as he didn't keep telling me that he is about to set off, or just finishing this last drink. If he said: "I'm having drinks after work and I have no clue when I'll be in or what state I'll be in, so don't make any sort of plans for the evening involving me," I would be in less of a foul mood, I think.
In a few months he just won't have the time to stay out and get pissed whenever he pleases, so should I just let him enjoy it while it lasts?

VinegarTits Mon 22-Jun-09 23:41:09

Leave him to it and get yourself to bed

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Mon 22-Jun-09 23:41:18

Phone him and tell him someone's crashed into his car. This will get him home ASAP.

TrinityRhino Mon 22-Jun-09 23:42:43

just leave him to it and go to bed

leave something for him to trip over when he comes in and then giggle grin

or swap the sugar for salt or something grin

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Mon 22-Jun-09 23:43:44

Or you could just do as the others suggest. I've been single for ages so wouldn't really know!

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Mon 22-Jun-09 23:44:21

Maybe leave his tea on the floor by the front door so he walks into it when he gets home grin

MissSunny Mon 22-Jun-09 23:44:44

Message withdrawn

TrinityRhino Mon 22-Jun-09 23:46:41

dh has just rolled in and has reheated his salmon, new potatoes and veg

but I guess the difference is I'm not pg (have 3 little monsters darlings)

and he didn't ring me to say he was just leaving 2 hours ago

RunningFaery Mon 22-Jun-09 23:55:51

My friends all live miles away and are poor poor students so can't come visit often.
I also have to stay up because he lost his keys and last time I went to bed he was locked out for a few hours. He he.
You are, of course, right. It isn't his fault I've been in all day.
He does do this quite often (at least 3 times a week) as he works in a pub so he tends to start when he finishes work and then carry on from there. I would join him usually, but I also work in a pub and spend most days sitting around sober, watching other people get drunk and make idiots of themselves, so I'd rather stab my feet with forks than do it in my free time. I wish I could have a G&T.
He just told me he was setting off about 20 minutes ago. I don't believe him.

blinks Tue 23-Jun-09 00:25:04

3 times a week = uh oh

mrsboogie Tue 23-Jun-09 00:29:44

You're going to have a job on getting him to stop that once the baby is born...

I'd be looking into some more family friendly types of employment if I were you.

LaurieFairyCake Tue 23-Jun-09 00:30:06

Tell him the keys are in a certain place (like a spidery shed grin) and then go to bed. You don't need to wait up to let him in.

And then get more keys cut - 3 times a week is too much to stay up late waiting for someone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now