Talk

Advanced search

To want a huge pat on the back for DD2's homework

(12 Posts)
itsbeingsocheerful Mon 22-Jun-09 22:06:41

I know I am. But I just want someone to say "that's so creative, aren't you clever". grin

DD's Food Tech class hosting a tea party at school tomorrow with a cowboy and Indian theme. Don't ask me why C&I, I'm only the parent.

Anyways up I have come up with the absolutely brilliant idea of a sausage and bean bruschetta (marinaded cannelloni and half lengthwise mini-salamis). But DD is a bit hmph (accompanied by that shrug which she'll get far more experienced at, being as how she's only 13).

So as I can't brag to her teachers tomorrow, pls can anyone else help fulfill my need for enthusiastic praise and wonder? blush

EccentricaGallumbits Mon 22-Jun-09 22:08:34

fabulous.

any idea how to build a greek temple/theatre/house/gymnasium? (my DDs homework)

itsbeingsocheerful Mon 22-Jun-09 22:20:30

Oooh, that's so much harder.

Lots of cardboard rolls, or rolled up white paper to save painting, for temple;

gymnasium: weren't they squarish with more columns with a outdoor swimming pool somewhere in the middle of the field. So could do it like a miniature garden: 1 paint roller tray, filled with soil, foil tray at one end with water, and stick in some sticks, rolls round the edge. Sorted! Or not grin

itsbeingsocheerful Mon 22-Jun-09 22:21:10

oops sorry to be so rude. Thank you Eccentrica!

mamas12 Mon 22-Jun-09 22:58:22

I'm with your dd
It's her homework and you've high jacked it
give her some space
(although it is agodd idea it;s just not hers)

itsbeingsocheerful Mon 22-Jun-09 23:11:25

[sulky face] That's a bit harsh mamas12. She's been hassling me all week for ideas and shrugged at all of them.

Anyway, I wasn't expecting or wanting praise from her, I'm not that daft or needy, which is why I turned here, because I am that needy grin

mamas12 Mon 22-Jun-09 23:14:09

oh I see. well I thought you were one of those parents who do their dcs homework for them and thereby depriving them of their education.
But if she was hasseling you then that's the one she wanted to do then good

mamas12 Mon 22-Jun-09 23:19:29

I still sound harsh don't I sorry I've had a hard day and only one glass of gone off wine and don't mean to be harsh but parents doing their kids work for them is a bug bear with me
You sound as if yhou were between a rock and a hard place and your idea is a good one

o god I sound patronising nbow help

SomeGuy Mon 22-Jun-09 23:21:51

food tech is a non-subject anyway. Quite reasonable for Mummy to do it.

itsbeingsocheerful Mon 22-Jun-09 23:25:50

Definitely not one of those parents, no.

Under job demarcation I am strictly ideas, purchaser, superviser, quality control and cheerleader. All other aspects of homework is not in my brief!

itsbeingsocheerful Mon 22-Jun-09 23:28:39

xpost. No offence taken at all Mamas12, feel much the same about parents and homework.

And SomeGuy, this mummy didn't do it, just supplied the ideas and the wherewithal, so there [tongue stuck out emoticon]

mamas12 Mon 22-Jun-09 23:39:24

food tech is a subject coz
it's on the timetable and they have to do it
!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now