Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to not contact DD's grandmother?

(13 Posts)
sleepycat Mon 22-Jun-09 21:19:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

rubyslippers Mon 22-Jun-09 21:20:36

it sounds odd that you saw her and then nothing

maybe something is wrong? Don't you want to find out?

sleepycat Mon 22-Jun-09 21:30:27

wohmum Mon 22-Jun-09 21:33:06

I would send the letter - but put somethign about you weren't sure if she wanted to continue contact, and then leave it up to her, she may be feeling the same way and life can sometime get just too busy.

CarGirl Mon 22-Jun-09 21:33:10

perhaps there is a new grandchild on the scene?

DesperateHousewifeToo Mon 22-Jun-09 21:33:27

I think you should try to contact her.

You can always add to her circle of friends but you cannot add to her grandparents, iyswim.

If you have no joy in keeping up contact, at least you will have no regrets for trying.

Good luck.

sleepycat Mon 22-Jun-09 21:45:21

CarGirl Mon 22-Jun-09 21:48:24

I would drop her line asking if she no longers to keep in touch, at least that way you know.

sleepycat Mon 22-Jun-09 21:52:15

Ivykaty44 Mon 22-Jun-09 21:53:09

No you are not being selfish - you have opened a relationship for your dd and her grandmother.

Thing is you cant do all the work this is a one sided relationship and the grandmother really needs to try to be in contact with her grandd.

I would leave it unitl August and then see what has happened and take stock of the situation then.

If there is another grandchild perhaps things will have settled down by then and she will pluck up the courage to tell you.?

sleepycat Mon 22-Jun-09 21:56:33

BitOfFun Mon 22-Jun-09 21:59:49

I would get back in touch if I were you, I think. There could be any number of reasons she let contact lapse, but after a while goes by it gets awkward and difficult to get back in touch, especially if you're not sure it's welcome. If you give her a prod she might be relieved to take up the opportunity, and it seems nice for your dd to have at least one person on that side of the family worth knowing. As far as I can gather, a court wouldn't enforce contact between your ex and his child if it was against her interests and she can express an opinion on it, so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

sleepycat Mon 22-Jun-09 22:12:31

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now