Talk

Advanced search

to think that having babies whilst building/doing up your home feels like madness!

(5 Posts)
tryingtobemarypoppins Mon 22-Jun-09 19:49:57

Am I the only one who comes home, baby in one hand, tones of shopping in the other, to find a wall taken down and dust everywhere!

wrongsideof40 Mon 22-Jun-09 19:58:45

I think it's a new rite of passage of parenthood smile

zeke Mon 22-Jun-09 19:59:32

Ugh! No, we had our first extension when DS was about 16 mths old. I remember driving to the supermarket car park at nap time so he would fall asleep in the car on the way there and then I would read my book. Happy days!

How old is your baby? How long is this going to go on for?

(((hugs)))

screamingabdab Mon 22-Jun-09 20:02:59

No, so many people do it - just walk around Ikea at the weekend.

I have a brilliant photo of me, hugely pg with DS1, sitting in the i square metre of space in what should have been my living room, surrounded by my flat-packed kitchen in boxes.

Fast-forward to DS2, building works with 8 week old baby and toddler. Utter madness grin

tryingtobemarypoppins Mon 22-Jun-09 20:33:42

Hi ladies! So glad I'm not alone. Well DS is 18 months now and we now have a roof! Yippee!!! I laid the floor tiles whilst in early labour, came home to a celing coming down, we are now expecting number 2, have a third floor to finish, the garden to finish, the house to paint inside and out and oh yes.......all out of savings now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now