Talk

Advanced search

To use DS's old T-shirts for bed?

(10 Posts)
Frasersmum123 Mon 22-Jun-09 18:31:20

DS2 is quite disproportionate. He is in 2-3 tops but still in 9-12 month bottoms, so Pyjamas are a nightmare.

He has a couple of T-shirts that have stains on which I cant get out(I think it might be Lasagne), so I was going to chuck them out

Am I being unreasonable to put him to bed in one and a pair of pyjama bottoms or is it really gross? I have tried vanish and napisan but the stains are stuck fast!

LadyOfWaffle Mon 22-Jun-09 18:32:59

I do this sometimes. It's just to keep them warm... not a fashion parade

fucksticks Mon 22-Jun-09 18:33:06

stained is fine as long as its clean!
just put him in nicer PJs if you have guests or are staying somewhere else grin

Frasersmum123 Mon 22-Jun-09 18:37:21

They are definately clean - I have had them through the wash about 5 times trying to get the stains out

Overmydeadbody Mon 22-Jun-09 18:37:59

I don't understand? Why would it be really gross? (unless you mean unwashed stained t-shirts?

It doesn't matter what you wear to sleep in, or what your DCs wear to sleep in.

It's great that you are reusing something instead of chucking it.

choufleur Mon 22-Jun-09 18:40:11

i've just bought DS some really cheap t-shirts to sleep in for the summer as i refuse to buy summer PJs (why are PJs so expensive compared to other clothes?). he just wears a t-shirt and pants.

i wouldn't worry about stains - DS went to bed in an old painting t-shirt last night as it was the only short sleeve night t-shirt that was clean (it is covered in stains btw)

sweetnitanitro Mon 22-Jun-09 18:41:02

No YANBU. There's nothing wrong with wearing old stuff to bed, no one will see it.

drpepper Mon 22-Jun-09 18:42:12

i always keep old t-shirts that are no longer in good enough condition to wear in public for pjs or 'messy clothes', same with tracksuit bottoms or leggings, does it really matter what they sleep in as long as they are clean and warm no one is going to see them and its a good idea to help save money !

2rebecca Mon 22-Jun-09 18:53:41

Fine if he doesn't have eczema. My son needs pyjama tops with long arms or his elbows are a real mess. He likes his pyjamas though so wouldn't want to wear old stuff now, different if only baby.

JennyTaylier Mon 22-Jun-09 18:58:53

Nothing wrong with this - my dd2 never wore pairs of pjs anyway, she liked to mix them up & it always looked very strange! It's an excellent idea to recycle old t-shirts this way. I wear old vests with pj trousers too. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now