Talk

Advanced search

To wonder what Liz Jones can possibly be thinking

(57 Posts)
LadyGlencoraPalliser Mon 22-Jun-09 14:52:32

writing about her obsession with a married man who is presumably pretty identifiable to his friends and neighbours.
I kind of hoped she was fictionalising it, but I suspect she is not.

notwavingjustironing Mon 22-Jun-09 14:54:38

She is truly bonkers that woman. WHY would you want to lay your life bare for all and sundry?

Meglet Mon 22-Jun-09 14:57:10

She is quite mad and desperate. Its almost embarrasing to read her articles.

AnyFucker Mon 22-Jun-09 14:59:03

I can't read her stuff

I almost feel like I know what her fanjo looks like, she lays herself so bare (and I don not want to have that image in my head)

And so idiotically contraversial, what?

Silly bitch

ninah Mon 22-Jun-09 14:59:40

baaa

AnyFucker Mon 22-Jun-09 15:00:53

Deary me, my spelling is atrocious today

It must be Liz Jones's fanjo getting in my eyes...

ninah Mon 22-Jun-09 15:01:34

yuck like a big grey mussel

sarah293 Mon 22-Jun-09 15:15:58

Message withdrawn

dawntigga Mon 22-Jun-09 15:19:01

Yep, she's the reason we fight so hard for equality all right. Just what is needed another woman who defines herself by material possesions and men.

Oh dearshock Was that my cynical out loud type?angry

dxx

Stigaloid Mon 22-Jun-09 15:32:51

I find her highly irritating and insecure. She can't write a single article without label dropping something - like people care what she is wearing. She is way too high maintenance and does not sound like fun at all. Thought the same thing when i read that article. Next she will be writing about feeling like a social pariah because no one wants her near their husbands. Talk about creating your own mess.

Queenoftheharpies Mon 22-Jun-09 15:35:23

She seems a really unhappy and troubled person. I would feel a bit sorry for her if she wasn't so obnoxious and judgey.

CliffordtheBigRedCat Mon 22-Jun-09 15:36:26

Its not real , is it? I thought it was "fiction " dressed up as a blog blush

Bessie123 Mon 22-Jun-09 15:41:14

aargh, you tricked me into clicking on a daily mail site.

quirkychick Mon 22-Jun-09 15:41:44

I thought this too when I read it. Her column is kind of car crash journalism, I shouldn't but I do...

What about here at the bottom where she despairs about wedding lists being so materialistic. A little hypocritical methinks? hmm

katiek123 Mon 22-Jun-09 15:43:12

she is so clearly desperately unhappy that i always try and keep that thought uppermost in my mind whenever i chance upon something she has written. she tore apart someone i went to school with recently, and who is in the public eye to a degree, because of what she was wearing hmm ...the article was painful to read because such bitchiness can't be the result of anything other than deep-seated anguish and despair.

Queenoftheharpies Mon 22-Jun-09 15:49:46

Oh, was that Andy Burnham's missus? That article made me so cross.

fuzzywuzzy Mon 22-Jun-09 15:51:04

I do feel sorry for her, she appears to be unable to help herself.

She's spent her professional life writing of her pursuit to be loved, she does appear to be completely out of her mind of course.

katiek123 Mon 22-Jun-09 15:53:19

queenof - yes, it was. it was such a vile article, wasn't it? to go into that sort of venomous rant over what is, at the end of the day, JUST CLOTHES, seemed so unnecessary and nasty and...sad!

hf128219 Mon 22-Jun-09 15:54:07

I emailed her once asking if her column was real or a satirical look at life - I was being serious. She replied and said 'Yes, it was sadly true'.

Stigaloid Mon 22-Jun-09 15:54:59

Katiek123 - think that sums her up perfectly to be honest - nasty and sad.

muffle Mon 22-Jun-09 15:57:18

OMG, I read it to the end blush It really is car crash journalism. Doesn't she think for a second that the wife might see it? Maybe she wants that, to add some interest.

(I did think in this particular piece she was unusually self-knowing about being so high-maintenance and needy though)

I don't think I have read a single piece by her for years that doesn't mention her lumpen ex, even though they've been separated for ages now. hmm just forget the twat liz!

<woefully sucked in emoticon>

Ninah eeuuuuurrrggghhh at the mussel

Queenoftheharpies Mon 22-Jun-09 16:02:44

I thought the saddest thing about that article was her claim that she'd not eaten cream since 1972! WTF! Like that's something to be proud of.

She needs a hug, a cake, a good seeing to and a punch in the face. I'm not sure in what order.

redandgreen Mon 22-Jun-09 16:23:16

I always wonder how much of it is written with the audience in mind.

The message is ultimately that women who pursue careers and don't focus on finding a husband and having childeren will end up unhappy - standard Daily Mail stuff.

Her life can't be THAT bad. And this column is fiction I'm sure - the diary has been getting very dull recently and she needed some controversy.

Maybe?

AnyFucker Mon 22-Jun-09 16:53:38

I completely agree QOTH

That last line completely sums her up.

MachuPicchu Mon 22-Jun-09 17:11:34

What is a 'holistic, empathetic shearer' FGS?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now