Talk

Advanced search

Well, yes I am, totally. How can I not be?

(14 Posts)
dippingmytoe Sun 21-Jun-09 21:46:36

I think I have turned into competitive mum.

I am so proud of my fantastic, gifted (imo grin ) 11 mo that I suspect I might be being a boastful old cow and boring everyone with her latest achievement.

I don't want to be, and I know it'll bite me in the arse when she doesn't talk until she's 8, or turns into a stroppy little madam or whatever.

Help! Shame me into being a nice person again! Is it a phase? Will I grow out of it?

CurryMaid Sun 21-Jun-09 21:47:19

What's so gifted about her then?

Just interested as my DD is a similar age.

Doodle2u Sun 21-Jun-09 21:47:56

In about 3 years time, you're going to feel a right pratt!

thisisyesterday Sun 21-Jun-09 21:48:46

hehe yes it is a phase.it lasts til your kids are um, grown up!

Octothechildherder Sun 21-Jun-09 21:51:01

What has she done? If she has discovered a new genetic coding or a galaxy then bravo - yes, frantically claps hands and bows to superior parenting skills! If she has managed to clean her room, then, errr no! grin But, then again ...

dippingmytoe Sun 21-Jun-09 21:57:16

oh currymaid, I'm sure she's not gifted and I'm sure they all do it. But everything she does is so amazing to me, and because I spend more time with her than the other 11 mo's I know, I don't see them doing what she does, but I'm sure they do other things that I don't notice.

I am probably unbearable about:
- she is almost walking
- she feeds herself with a spoon
- she understands "hide" and covers her eyes
- she can point at the cat, the light, the window, the telly etc.
- she can fit her square and triangle into her shape sorter and stack her rings (ok, not always in the right order
- etc etc ad nauseum

See, it's a boastfest. Arrgh.

CurryMaid Sun 21-Jun-09 21:58:26

Ah, you'll get over it.

JackBauer Sun 21-Jun-09 21:59:30

<<saves thread to link dippingmytoe to in future>>

hf128219 Sun 21-Jun-09 22:00:00

Can she tie her shoelaces?

dippingmytoe Sun 21-Jun-09 22:03:03

ha ha hf - haven't tried her with that grin

ChasingSquirrels Sun 21-Jun-09 22:03:17

<smile>
Of course she is wonderful, she is yours! Try to restrict the boasting to others who think she is qually wonderful - her dad and grandparents probably.
And it gets better!

dippingmytoe Sun 21-Jun-09 22:05:49

I think I'm worse because we had a rough start and she was quite poorly. I just feel so lucky and unbearably proud that, tbh I am quite scared of myself.

My mum is worse than me, so I can indulge with her grin

Octothechildherder Sun 21-Jun-09 22:26:44

LMAO I thought you were talking about a teenager! blush

saintmaybe Mon 22-Jun-09 19:17:09

You are reasonable and lovely

Hang on to it and try to recall it EXACTLY in a couple of years (you'll know when you need to)

I find it helps

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now