Talk

Advanced search

to be fed up at my mum nagging me to send cards to people

(14 Posts)
sarah293 Sun 21-Jun-09 18:55:22

Message withdrawn

LadyOfWaffle Sun 21-Jun-09 18:59:57

YANBU, my mum does this. And sends cards signed by her but my name when I have already sent one.

bamboostalks Sun 21-Jun-09 19:04:03

My MIL does this, it drives me potty. Texts constantly arriving reminding me that it is her sister's birthday. HER sister FGS. There is an endless list of people that should be on my recipient list. They send me cards too, crap papery 50p ones that are bought in bulk. They mean nothing. Aghhh it all drives me nuts.

BethAndHerBrood Sun 21-Jun-09 19:04:23

My mum does this. I do send cards, shes seen the calendar with all the details on, they always get to where they're supposed to be, BUT she still can't help herself from "reminding" me. Drives me round the fucking bend!!!

And breathe........

nametaken Sun 21-Jun-09 19:10:20

just say you have, works for me

Goblinchild Sun 21-Jun-09 19:10:34

My mother gives me a calendar every year with everyone's birthdays and anniversaries marked on it. And she reminds me.
Sometimes she even gives me a card that's already stamped. grin
I'm 47, I got over being annoyed a long time ago, it makes her happy and I have a reputation for being a thoughtful person entirely due to her card-sending efforts.

funtimewincies Sun 21-Jun-09 19:11:12

Dh is in trouble with his mum for forgetting to send a Father's Day card (his parents are divorced).

It wasn't malicious, we've had a lot on our plate and dh phoned his date who was fine.

He feels bad about forgetting but is also annoyed at the the 'you must' attitude. He didn't think up Father's Day and it's not compulsory to participate!

funtimewincies Sun 21-Jun-09 19:11:48

his dad!

piscesmoon Sun 21-Jun-09 19:18:28

I can see me doing this with my DSs-it means a lot to some people and is very simple but not something they tend to think of.

Ninkynork Sun 21-Jun-09 19:20:56

I'll buy a nice card if I have to but I really hate cards which specify the exact relationship between the sender and the recipient. One per family is fine and not a waste of money and trees.

My sister sends these and they are always cheap garish things. My Dad is given "Happy Father's Day Grandad" cards. Perhaps it's just me but I think that message seems very wrong...

Ninkynork Sun 21-Jun-09 19:24:24

Oh my point being, YANBU, my mother and sister nag me that I should be sending more than one card for every possible occasion because it looks more "thoughtful", even if they are badly-drawn or play hideous tunes.

Saltire Sun 21-Jun-09 19:28:18

Last year, we forgot Step FIls birthday. We had a lot on and just forgot. She sent DH a text saying "did you forget it was X's birthday he only got 2 cards".
So i grabbed the phone from DH and texted back
"yes and he has 5 brothers and 1 sister, did you text them the same message? No. Thought not"

Trikken Sun 21-Jun-09 19:43:56

My mum does this, I got forced to go out and buy a fathers day card for my step-dad, yes he may be step-dad but not my dad therefore should have the choice whether I feel I should get him on or not. apparantly not so. I get nagged to send thank you cards, even if I've thanked that person already by text or in person.

Rubyrubyrubyinthegame Sun 21-Jun-09 19:46:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now