Talk

Advanced search

To think that all potties (sold obviously for the purpose of potty training) should come with a health warning: normal toddler behaviour will deteriorate!

(10 Posts)
notevenamousie Sun 21-Jun-09 17:30:24

Oh, the tantrums. The whining. The clinging, the petulance, the stubbornness. And I did deal with my fair share of the above before this weekend.

I read some wise words: "change upsets their fragile toddler systems". It really does. Potties should come with a health warning!

I have never posted on MN so much or started so many threads! But cbeebies is on and the chardonnay is chilling. AIBU?? I had no idea...

notevenamousie Sun 21-Jun-09 17:31:28

Wanted to add - DD (2.6) is dry though. But at what price? Mummy's sanity, I think.

cookielove Sun 21-Jun-09 17:33:32

so your potty caused you dd to be the list above? is that what your saying?

policywonk Sun 21-Jun-09 17:34:02

You could always capitulate take the path of least resistance and wait until your child decides that s/he wants to do it him/herself. I had to wait until the morning of DS2's fourth birthday for this happy event - BUT it all passed off with a total of three accidents and no stress whatsoever. Whereas forcing his older brother to train before he was really ready was the second-most stressful experience of my entire life, I think.

Anyway, good luck...

notevenamousie Sun 21-Jun-09 17:49:14

I think it's the potty (she won't go near the toilet)

And I think she is ready - the fact she's dry in the daytime and naptime in 2 days, plus nursery have been hinting for a while.

But we have had such a dire weekend.

cookielove Sun 21-Jun-09 19:45:36

so get a toliet seat one and a step, or go shopping with her so she can choose her very own potty?

golgi Sun 21-Jun-09 20:13:16

I think potties need a serious redesign to accommodate boys. Either that or my sons needed a serious redesign so that they didn't spray up-and-over.
I avoided toddler trauma by putting them on the potty from about 6 months (once they could sit up) while changing nappies.

VinegarTits Sun 21-Jun-09 20:20:45

I avoided potty tanturms by letting the nursery do all the hard work while i went to the office

melmog Mon 22-Jun-09 06:29:39

lol *Vinegar tits*! I'm considering saving up to send dd1 to nursey for that very same reason!

flamingobingo Mon 22-Jun-09 06:58:36

I think she probably isn't ready if she's resisting it that dramatically!

Children need to be physically ready and emotionally read to potty train.

And every little bit of growing up comes with a little regression - that's how children grow up. One step forwards, one step back.

So, sorry, YABU!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now