Talk

Advanced search

to not want to drop everything for family dos

(6 Posts)
EccentricaGallumbits Sun 21-Jun-09 14:00:31

BIL just texted to say having a do next saturday.

this weekend we hve had a family day out yesterday, Today I have spent with DD2 doing project work. DH is watching grand prix then going out with mates as is fathers day and that's what he wants to do so is ok.

but next weekend i was going to knuckle down and have 2 solid days working (have essays and exams to work for)

So have pointed this out to DH who is now all sniffy about me avoiding his bloody family.

His bloody family haven't even checked if we're doing anything next bloody weekend. they never do, just expect us to be aailable. I don't want to spend a day being polite when i should be working.

and while i'm having a rant my bloody mother has also just assumed we're available for a family bash in august and picked the only weekend i had arranged to go away camping. and will get all miffed if i tell her we're busy. because my oh so successful sisters are terribly busy and the whole world has to revolve around them and i can change my plans because they're not as important.

argh!

cornsilk Sun 21-Jun-09 14:03:23

Bloody families. Can't you have swine flu or something next weekend?

TrillianAstra Sun 21-Jun-09 14:04:41

If they just say 'you must come to X on Y date' than YANBU to be annoyed that they don't ask if you are free, especially if other siblings are involved in the date-picking process.

Does BIL live far away? If it's close could you have DH take the DCs early in the day so you can get a few solid hours of work done without interruptions, and then you go meet them in the evening?

hercules1 Sun 21-Jun-09 14:07:20

I'd be "ill" and let dh take the kids.

cat64 Sun 21-Jun-09 14:10:21

Message withdrawn

scienceteacher Sun 21-Jun-09 14:13:28

Anyone who is trying to organise something that involves a lot of people has to just bite the bullet and make decisions. It is so hard to organise a meet-up by concensus.

YABU. Just be grateful that you have a family that gets together.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now