Talk

Advanced search

With dh? (I know I probably am I just need to be told to buck up)

(19 Posts)
mosschops30 Sun 21-Jun-09 13:41:59

Am 20 wks pg and reaching that stage where I feel particularly fat and ugly (think I had a bit of this last time at about 18 weeks).

Anyway last night me and dh getting ready to go to bed and he picks up his phone, and I can see him txting away through the reflection in the kitchen window, so I ask who he's txting at this time and he replies 'no one just putting the phone on silent'.
So I am automatically suspicious, and he says IABU. Comes up to bed and I carry on about it asking who he's txting.
He went to sleep, and is a bit stroppy today.

Thats probabnly the whole basis for this (oh and that we only had sex twice on holiday!, and that he's told me hes going away on a stag night sometime soon).

So come and shoot me down, am I being totally and utterly unreasonable?

MrKrabs Sun 21-Jun-09 13:45:00

look at his phone

mosschops30 Sun 21-Jun-09 13:47:03

he said I could, but I said 'i know youre not stupid enough to leave anything on there'

brimfull Sun 21-Jun-09 13:47:18

yes I would check phone

..if you want to know

MrKrabs Sun 21-Jun-09 13:47:50

oh you FULE!

Mindyou everyone is paranoid when pg ime

SerendipitousHarlot Sun 21-Jun-09 13:47:54

Noooo MrKrabs, she shouldn't look at his phone, that's a gross invasion of privacy imo.

OP, I would ask him again, who he was texting last night. Would you be able to tell by his reaction whether he was up to anything?

MrKrabs Sun 21-Jun-09 13:48:54

god if i had an h playing away ID be looking

shagging another woman is a gross invasion of genital health imo

brimfull Sun 21-Jun-09 13:49:09

texting is how loads of people get found out

MrKrabs Sun 21-Jun-09 13:49:49

yes
thinks of MIL and BIL

MrKrabs Sun 21-Jun-09 13:50:19

AND
odd gifts
and going away a lot.
and being "checked out" of famiyl life

dittany Sun 21-Jun-09 13:50:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mosschops30 Sun 21-Jun-09 13:52:30

God I thought you'd tell me to get a grip!

What if he was chnaging his phone to silent (I do mine every night because if it vibrates i can hear it upstairs and it annoys me).

So do you think fiddling with your phone at 10.30 in the evening = affair?

brimfull Sun 21-Jun-09 13:53:27

not necessarily

any other reasons you would suspect though?

MrKrabs Sun 21-Jun-09 13:53:47

but he could havebeen deleteing old crap, doign anything on it.

mosschops30 Sun 21-Jun-09 13:55:22

no not really, I kind of feel like a bit of an arse about it now (well not now been on here wink)
He doesnt go out without me, well about once a month, hes home from work normal time every day, doesnt walk round the house with his phone, its just lying about in the kitchen now, doesnt buy me pressies or flowers!

dittany Sun 21-Jun-09 13:55:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mosschops30 Sun 21-Jun-09 13:56:47

it seemd long to put your phone on silent, long enough to txt 'off to bed now dont txt love u' or long enough to delete a few crap txts youve got in there and put on silent I suppose

brimfull Sun 21-Jun-09 13:57:16

probably nothing then

you being preg anf paranoid

TrillianAstra Sun 21-Jun-09 13:59:04

It's probably nothing. In the OP it sounded like you could see that he was texting and he lied and said he was putting it on silent. If you didn't really see and he could have been putting it on silent then it's pretty likely that's what he was doing, especially if he's been acting perfectly normally otherwise.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now