Talk

Advanced search

T o want to delete previous smug post because DD has just done something really stupid?

(10 Posts)
EccentricaGallumbits Sun 21-Jun-09 11:06:19

Smug parenting feeling lasted all of about 3 minutes.Just flicked over to facebook to discover DD has posted her mobile number on it! [angry}

fuck me. just when you think your child may be quite respectable and sensible and nice they go and do something unreasonably stupid.

rubyslippers Sun 21-Jun-09 11:06:54

ah the joys of parenting

Hassled Sun 21-Jun-09 11:10:30

You can be still smug about the fact she's your FB friend. DD has graciously allowed me to keep tabs on her, but I am NOT DS1's friend and never will be.

(Not that I really want to be his mate after the clip DD showed me of DS1 doing that head on a stick going round and round thing while swigging Jack Daniels in someone's garden, and then falling over in a YBF-type way. I'd rather not know.)

Trikken Sun 21-Jun-09 11:12:01

It can be changed tho. its not the most stupid thing, its not good, dont get me wrong. Ask her to take it off, and hope that no-one who wasnt supposed to have got it has. I'm 23 and still do stupid things. I gave my debit card no. to some company offering me something 'free' over the phone th other day, then realised i'd been an idiot and had to cancel it by phone and email and phone the banks. Explain to her why it is not a good idea to put her number on fbk, she'll see shes been silly.

EccentricaGallumbits Sun 21-Jun-09 11:13:51

yes. done that. summonsed her downstairs and stood over her while she deleted it.

Noonki Sun 21-Jun-09 11:15:11

i have turned into my parents and said 'it's like talking to a brick wall'

DSS said he has only put his name and school on FB (with picture) so he'll be alright hmm

lots of stern words later finally got him to remove his school.

He's too young to be on it anyway but we were overruled by his mum.

Trikken Sun 21-Jun-09 11:17:00

Thats good, I think sometimes people forget just how many people can see their stuff on fbk as i've seen so many of my friends do the same.

Kimi Sun 21-Jun-09 11:26:53

THIS is why my 13 year old does not have facebook

janeite Sun 21-Jun-09 11:28:55

I'm with Kimi. 14 year old dd does not have Facebook, MSN etc. If she wants to speak to a friend, she can phone them.

Kimi Sun 21-Jun-09 11:36:20

My 13 year old has his own PC but it is linked to mine I see what he sees, he has no face book no MSN none of that crap, he has email but again it goes through mine.
Children are given too much freedom and it IS NOT a good thing

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now