Talk

Advanced search

The (under) two year old next door is still up, and shouting in the back garden.

(9 Posts)
LovingtheSilverFox Sat 20-Jun-09 23:52:32

My DCs are asleep, not angels I can assure you, but I can hear child next door, despite doors and windows being shut. AIBU to feel that this is a little late? Come arm wrestle with me!

cornsilk Sat 20-Jun-09 23:58:25

<<rolls up sleeve>>

MrsPickles Sun 21-Jun-09 00:00:24

I think not unreasonable to be annoyed about shouting in garden at nearly midnight, whatever age the person is - but you might hear the child even if he/she was inside ?
YABU if you think its unreasonable that the child under 2 is up - could be all sorts of reasons - my DD just over 2 is constantly buggering up her sleep because she won't sleep in day and then I can't keep her awake past 5pm but she won't go down for the night then so today she slept from 5pm to 6.30pm as nap (and she was so exhausted I wasn't going to keep her up) and then she was bouncing around until 10.30 as a result! And I'm sure had she been in house or garden neighbours heard her!

LovingtheSilverFox Sun 21-Jun-09 00:04:06

I can't hear her if she's inside, thats the rub. They just seem to think that late nights mean that suddenly their garden becomes sound tight.

Thought people might throw rocks at me for posting that. Apart from you cornsilk. I have to warn you I have finger nails and fight dirty.

cornsilk Sun 21-Jun-09 00:05:52

<<rolls down sleeve>>

LovingtheSilverFox Sun 21-Jun-09 00:07:11

So you can't take it hey? Essex birds win again!!

Nahui Sun 21-Jun-09 00:08:34

Message withdrawn

Ninkynork Sun 21-Jun-09 00:24:36

YANBU My DS frequently gets up at Stupid O'Clock, has never slept for more than four hours at a time in two years but I don't let him out in the garden unless it's daytime.

Lock all doors, give a drink and doze on the sofa lie still while Teletubbies is on, then the neighbours are fair game.

BEAUTlFUL Sun 21-Jun-09 00:32:24

Is the child OK? Are the parents in the garden too? What is it doing? [worried emoticon]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now