Talk

Advanced search

to HATE it when i'm given plants to grow BECAUSE ALL I CAN GROW IS WEEDS!

(11 Posts)
ja9 Sat 20-Jun-09 20:47:14

I've been given plants from birthday parties, sunday school, nursery, family gatherings AND I CAN'T GROW THE DARN THINGS. My poor poor dc are so disappointed with each failure...

On Friday I collected my dc from nursery to be greeted with a pack of seeds from each of them - some sort of freebie promotion from morrisions. AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH

choccynutter Sat 20-Jun-09 21:05:36

grin ...sorry not laughing at you it jst sound like me ...sort i can grow mine but then the cats chew all leaves of ....and that keep away cat gel dosen't work belive me a spent a bomb on the stuff for them just to walk over it . just plant them remember to water them you should be ok get some plant food if needs be good luck xx

OldLadyKnowsNothing Sat 20-Jun-09 21:34:48

What kind of seeds? Some plants are damn near impossible to fuck up.

Until a herd of cattle arrive in your garden, of course.

Lotster Sat 20-Jun-09 22:30:23

You can make a tidy earner selling weed though. wink

midlandsmumof4 Sat 20-Jun-09 23:42:30

grin at Lotster. Weeds are plants though-they just don't grow in the proper place smile.

Nahui Sun 21-Jun-09 00:23:19

Message withdrawn

OldLadyKnowsNothing Sun 21-Jun-09 00:30:57

Sunflowers are dead easy. They were planting them on Chris Evan's radio show the other week, so maybe it's not too late?

Plant them pointing up, btw.

Grendle Sun 21-Jun-09 12:12:42

YANBU. I feel exactly the same! I know it's my fault I never remember to water them so they die, but there you go. I remember to give the kids food and drink grin.

ja9 Sun 21-Jun-09 21:58:25

OLKN - i kill sunflowers. honestly. have done it several times over....

OldLadyKnowsNothing Sun 21-Jun-09 22:08:03

Oh.

How are you with spider plants?

*looks round at room festooned with the damn things*

sweetnitanitro Sun 21-Jun-09 22:14:02

You say 'weed', I say 'native wild flower' grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now