Talk

Advanced search

to be miserable, because...

(8 Posts)
yousaidit Sat 20-Jun-09 20:19:32

... my friends are on a hen do in scotland geting very very drunk, as i'm on last stretch of mat leave we've been tightening our belts so i couldn't afford to go (we've got about 4 weddings in next two months to go to! argh!)

so, some f dh's friends are having a party tonight, so that seemed like fun... til all gp's are on holiday, my bro is working, my friends are on the hen do andf dh's friends are at the party, so no babysitter.

so, dh is at party, and i am waiting for my ready made rissotto to warm, after getting dcs to bed by mysleft and ds spewing up n me, and then i pegged out the washing.

go on, do you think i should go nuts and have some boulmers?

Aeschylus Sat 20-Jun-09 20:22:22

Sounds to me like you have the best event...

so everyone is out, kids are in bed you have the house to yourself...

and your moaning.....

Gte a good book, cup of hot chocolate.

simples

yousaidit Sat 20-Jun-09 20:25:50

yeah, that's what i was thinking...

hot milk and vanilla i think.

but my rissotto is so manky that i've had to smother it in melted parmesan!

wiggletastic Sat 20-Jun-09 20:28:52

Aah, peace and quiet!

Spend the whole evening MNing and drinking cider then make DH get up with the kids in the morning. smile

yousaidit Sat 20-Jun-09 20:33:18

yeeees, because since it fathers day he will want to spend the day with dc's, won't he grin

lucyellensmumisgreat Sat 20-Jun-09 20:36:15

i'm in a similar situation. My friend is getting married but the wedding is "child free". So right about now my friends are jigging to a live band having attended a goth wedding in a barn and scoffed a hog roast. Me on the other hand, im sat here mnetting having just gone up to pacify dd who is giving daddy the traditional bedtime hardship. I don't even have the house to myself and AND i have no hot chocolate, or even any alcohol!

yousaidit Sat 20-Jun-09 20:43:33

oh, LEMISG, do you want me to have a glass of coider for you?

i'd hoof your dh / dp out to get some alchohol and takeaway in pronto! grin

lucyellensmumisgreat Sat 20-Jun-09 21:04:06

yes please, and follow that with a large brandy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now