Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To be constantly annoyed by the use of the word 'Stunning' to describe inanimate object on Ebay?

(9 Posts)
mrshippy Sat 20-Jun-09 00:35:06

I mean, how can a table or a sofa or some rubbish polo neck jumper be anything close to 'Stunning'? When was the last time you were rendered frozen to the spot in jaw dropping awe at the sight of some nearly-new, drop-leaf table, only to utter the words "that is STUNNING". I don't know why this bugs me. It just does. Why???

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Sat 20-Jun-09 00:35:58

Because it's stunning!

tallulahbelly Sat 20-Jun-09 10:44:46

It's handy for explaining there's not just one use for a baseball bat.

pasturesnew Sat 20-Jun-09 10:50:36

oh tallulahbelly beat me to it!

Frasersmum123 Sat 20-Jun-09 12:36:29

YANBU - another overused word is Beautiful hmm

PinkTulips Sat 20-Jun-09 12:49:37

i'm always intrigued by this, do buyers actually search for the words 'stunning' or 'gorgeous'?

why waste space in the title where you have limited characters with words that won't be searched? better to put as many variations of what the item is as possible... ie, 'stunning pink t-shirt' should be 'pink top/t-shirt/cotton tee/'

Doonhamer Sat 20-Jun-09 13:03:49

Rare is another word that's overused on ebay. I emailed a seller once aksing him why he was listing the DVD he was selling as rare, when 103 other sellers wwere selling an identical dvd, as were Asda,Tesco,Amamzon etc.

PortBlacksandResident Sat 20-Jun-09 13:08:18

Would be relevant if it was a stun gun i suppose grin.

mrshippy Sat 20-Jun-09 20:09:30

Exactly and also, if I bought something on Ebay, described as 'STUNNING', would I be withing my rights to send it back on the grounds of it not being stunning enough?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now