Talk

Advanced search

tWhat do you think to the Playschool Staff Comment?

(10 Posts)
Claire2009 Fri 19-Jun-09 22:41:06

Got Dd out of Playschool, went back in to fetch her cardigan, it was on the floor by the door. I grabbed it, and the lady that runs the place asked how I was, fine says I.

She then said "These Children have been evil/horrid/hot/tired/annoying things today, I hope you have a good weekend and bring back lovely children on Monday"hmm

Aibu to think that is unprofessional to say that in front of 3-4 parents about their children?

Don't get me wrong, there are days when dd/ds drive me mad! But this is a staff member, commenting on other peoples children? hmm

EdwardBitMe Fri 19-Jun-09 22:45:39

Sounds like the sort of thing staff at DS1's playgroup might say, especially on a Friday. I don't take any notice, as it is said in jest.
I think YABalittletinybitU

edam Fri 19-Jun-09 22:46:52

I think you are possibly taking this a little too seriously. She's only human and it sounds like a trying day - I'd just treat it as an off the cuff comment.

Maybe not the wisest way to talk to parents, but hey, we all moan after a tough day at work.

kylesmybaby Fri 19-Jun-09 22:48:39

think she might have been joking!

plimple Fri 19-Jun-09 22:48:57

Perhaps she could have said, "crumbs I've had a tough day today" to which you'd probably empathise. I don't think I'd say your kids have been evil!

Claire2009 Fri 19-Jun-09 22:51:38

Yeah, I ABU. hmm

edam Fri 19-Jun-09 22:52:31

Well, you did ask...

scottishmummy Fri 19-Jun-09 23:05:32

oh claire said in jest methinkey.staff are human too.not all lil darlinks are the angels mummy thinks they are

2shoes Fri 19-Jun-09 23:07:58

lol
and you took her seriously

tigerdriver Fri 19-Jun-09 23:08:15

it's Friday, kids play up - that's what kids do, she said something perfectly reasonable. I wouldn't want her job, or any job involving "D"C for all the tea in China.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now