Talk

Advanced search

to not want to watch a show where 10 and 11 year old girls

(20 Posts)
hotpotato11 Fri 19-Jun-09 16:09:27

dance in hot pants ,stradding back to front chairs ,gyrating and thrusting as they do so.
Oh this is at school by the way.Am I being a dreadful prude or would you not want the school to let your DD do this in public ? (Namechanged for obvious reasons !)

BonsoirAnna Fri 19-Jun-09 16:11:08

YANBU.

I got pretty cross at DD's school show this morning - pre-school children singing love songs from musicals. Grrrrrr.

Frasersmum123 Fri 19-Jun-09 16:12:58

YANBU

posieparker Fri 19-Jun-09 16:16:43

YANBU..... there's plenty of time!!

MojoLost Fri 19-Jun-09 16:28:00

YANBU, angry will you complain?

victoriascrumptious Fri 19-Jun-09 16:29:25

Disgusting!
The pre-sexualisation of children is one of the very fucked up things about out society today.

Deffo complain! Then go to the papers!

Asana Fri 19-Jun-09 16:45:02

WE had a similar Full Monty-type show at a 'talent'hmm competition at my small Oxfordshire school. The lady who plays Pat Evans in Eastenders was one of the judges. I distinctly remember her view on it - direct quote, "That particular segment was just like cricket - fun to play but crap to watch!" Don't know what she had against cricket TBH grin

One of the mothers in attendance did put in a complaint though - she apparently didn't take too kindly at her husband getting a hard-on ogling 14 year old girls! shock

memoo Fri 19-Jun-09 17:28:20

YANBU

Our school had a talent show a while back. DD and her friends wanted to sing/dance.

One of her friends suggested performing 'my humps' you know the one that carrys on 'my lovely lady lumps'

I absolutely refused but out of the whole group I was the only parent who had a problem with it.

In the end they had to choose something else as I just refused to let my 10 year old DD have any part in it if they were singing that song.

hotpotato11 Fri 19-Jun-09 17:30:52

You would really think the school would have enough common sense to preview the acts first
They could involve anything.
Am particularly annoyed as my DD wasn't allowed to recite this very harmless Benny Hill poem

http://monologues.co.uk/Parodies/ItCouldnt_BeDone.htm

because she asked the teacher first.

smallorange Fri 19-Jun-09 17:32:03

It's all my teacher friend can do to stop the girls donning fishnets and basques while 'pole dancing' at the end of year talent contest.

Parents don't seem to have a problem with it.

jugglingwoman Fri 19-Jun-09 17:32:04

Totally NBU. Just wrong wrong wrong and the school should be ashamed of themselves for not thinking it is. I wonder if any of the staff have parents?

smallorange Fri 19-Jun-09 17:32:58

Apparently they have been told they can dance around a chair rather than a pole.

hotpotato11 Fri 19-Jun-09 17:35:40

They said that it could not be done,
He said "Just let me try."
They said, "Other men have tried and failed,"
He answered, "But not I."
They said, "It is impossible,"
He said, "There's no such word."
He closed his mind, he closed his heart...
To everything he heard.

He said, "Within the heart of man,
There is a tiny seed.
It grows until it blossoms,
It's called the will to succeed.
Its roots are strength, its stem is hope,
Its petals inspiration,
Its thorns protect its strong green leaves,
With grim determination.

"Its stamens are its skills
Which help to shape each plan,
For there's nothing in the universe
Beyond the scope of man."
They thought that it could not be done,
Some even said they knew it,
But he faced up to what could not be done...
And he couldn't bloody do it!

hotpotato11 Fri 19-Jun-09 17:39:19

the another thing that annoyed me was that the judges were 3 female TAs and despite there being 2 stonking boys acts all the winners were girls.

katiestar Fri 19-Jun-09 18:02:09

YANBU Shows very poor taste .I know there are quite a lot of female staff who seem to have a downer on boys

Your poor DD .That's a good poem and I wouldn't regard 'bloody' used in that context as a swearword .Ron says it all the time in HP films and some of them are PG.

katiestar Fri 19-Jun-09 19:19:09

Is the HT male ? Almost makes you wonder....

katiestar Fri 19-Jun-09 19:19:13

Is the HT male ? Almost makes you wonder....

InmyheadIminParis Fri 19-Jun-09 19:46:09

YANBU at all.

pointydog Fri 19-Jun-09 19:56:02

what strange responses.

Go to the press?
Recite a poem with bloody in it?
Dance around a chair rather than a pole?

mumeeee Fri 19-Jun-09 22:09:03

YANBU.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now