Talk

Advanced search

to think coffee smells lovely but tastes vile

(30 Posts)
giraffesCantRunA10k Thu 18-Jun-09 14:32:47

Coffee flavoured icing/chocolate is fantastic. As is a mocha. But coffee on its own is disguesting, I want to like it but can't.

I would love my house to smell like coffee, I should just sit and make cups all day and use it as a room fragrancing device grin

OhBling Thu 18-Jun-09 14:35:18

I learnt to like coffee because I loved the smell so much. My boss would put a pot on first thing in the morning and coming into that from the cold outside was glorious.

You are adding milk and sugar right? it's hard to go from no coffee to full on black and strong! grin

Jennster Thu 18-Jun-09 14:35:30

No I agree, but can't stand any coffee food, flavoured or real.

blametheparents Thu 18-Jun-09 14:36:27

I am sort of in agreement with you, except for the fact that I also hate coffee icing/choclate too!
I would love to go into Starbucks and order a trendy double espresso / skinny latte frappucino cappucino type thing and then sit a sip it while looking cool and trendy, but I have to order a tea and than faff around with a teabag and not look even a little bit cool.

VinegarTits Thu 18-Jun-09 14:38:14

Oh i agree, its gives me a headache when i drink it, but i love the smell

Frasersmum123 Thu 18-Jun-09 14:38:38

I love the smell of coffee, and I like coffee flavoured things. I also liked the 'Chocolate covered coffee beans' they used to seel at whittards, but I cant stand the taste of coffee - if I have to drink it I have to have it so milky and with so much sugar its unrecognisable!

GrimmaTheNome Thu 18-Jun-09 14:40:10

YANBU. I love the smell of fresh coffee but rarely fancy drinking it (and then it will be cappuccino or latte). Fortunately DH and I both work from home so I can be nice to him and happily make him a coffee in the morning and inhale his as I drink my tea.

Meglet Thu 18-Jun-09 14:41:21

YANBU. Its one of the loveliest smells in the world, but I can't stand the drink.

Agree with frasersmum that the choc covered coffee beans are yummy.

slug Thu 18-Jun-09 14:42:56

Totally agree. Coffee and bacon always smell much better than they taste IMHO.

Morloth Thu 18-Jun-09 14:43:41

Madness, coffee is the truly the nectar of the gods. I am a double espresso girl, can't stand all the phaffing with milk and junk - yuck.

I even bought a machine - when you push the button, the coffee comes out, more instant than instant!

saggyjuju Thu 18-Jun-09 14:45:24

exactly the same so daily put on the coffee machine,nobody drinks it but i love opening the front door to the smell of coffee,used to buy expensive coffee but now get the value stuff it may taste like POOH but smells just the same as the good stuff

Geocentric Thu 18-Jun-09 14:48:26

YANBU - I love the smell, and also coffee cake, yum. The real stuff? Ick!

Thunderduck Thu 18-Jun-09 14:50:59

YABU Coffee is delicious, though not quite so nice as tea.

LovelyRitaMeterMaid Thu 18-Jun-09 14:52:05

I agree totally with you - coffee smells lovely but I can't drink it - it makes me go urgh.

giraffesCantRunA10k Thu 18-Jun-09 14:52:17

Wow I thought everyone would tell me I ABU. So I propose starbucks start selling more coffee flavoured cakes/sweets so we can eat them while drinking out tea and inhaling the coffee.

Thunderduck Thu 18-Jun-09 14:53:41

I love coffee cake, coffee creams etc but I cannot stand tiramisu. It's vile.

MorningTownRide Thu 18-Jun-09 14:55:54

YADBU - Ick. I like it strong and black and can't abide coffee chocolates and any of those pantsy milky concoctions.

You are a Philistine grin

jumpingbeans Thu 18-Jun-09 14:56:43

what about iced coffee, with ice cream in,mmmmmmm lovely

MorningTownRide Thu 18-Jun-09 14:58:07

You are all deranged

PuppyMonkey Thu 18-Jun-09 14:58:09

Ooh, YANBU. But coffee flavoured stuff is vile too. Especially coffee flavoured chocolates. What a disappointment when you get the coffee malteser.. grin

bleh Thu 18-Jun-09 14:58:47

YABVU. Coffee is one of the best things known to man. I would never wake up without it.

Tea on the other hand. Blegh

jugglingwoman Thu 18-Jun-09 15:00:07

You're NBU, I hate coffee but like the smell. Incidentally, I'm the same with tea!!

TheOldestCat Thu 18-Jun-09 15:01:21

Oh, I love coffee - the smell of it, the gorgeous taste of it, the delicious caffeine hit.

But as soon as I'm with child, the very thought makes me want to bleurghh.

sandpebbles Thu 18-Jun-09 15:01:56

i like coffee, i like tea, i like coffee flavoured food.

but chocolate covered coffee beans? wtf they are like wood chips covered in chocolate.

cyteen Thu 18-Jun-09 15:04:48

Coffee flavoured anything is vile, vile, vile. I honestly don't think my brain is wired to receive coffee pleasure - it tastes like ash to me, like drinking hot water from a dirty ashtray. But I love the smell of fresh good quality coffee grounds hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now