Talk

Advanced search

27 weeks pregnant and im so pissed of with my fiances little brother

(16 Posts)
calli1991 Wed 17-Jun-09 18:12:19

basically im 27 weeks pregnant and ive got my fiances 7 year old brother coming to my house about 10 times bugging me and on top of that although im only 18 he treats me with total disrespect and rudeness. am i being unreasonable and a bitch to let this really piss me off???? please help im going crazy

calli1991 Wed 17-Jun-09 18:13:36

that is 10 times a day* to watch telly, play with my dog, make mess, demand things

Lulumama Wed 17-Jun-09 18:15:39

why is he not at school? why an;t you tell him that you need a rest? be polite and firm and tell your fiance it is not acceptable for him to treat your house as his own

it is nice he wants to spend time with you, but he needs rules, and at age 7 , his parents should be in control of where he goes and when

HullabaLuLu Wed 17-Jun-09 18:15:51

Ask your fiance to have a word with his brother. Problem solved grin

karalathecamel Wed 17-Jun-09 18:16:03

can you speak to his mother? Your MIL, I suppose - is she aware of what's going on?

FabBakerGirlIsBack Wed 17-Jun-09 18:17:05

Don't let it annoy you so much, you need a peaceful life.

Tell your fiance you need rest and not to give free baby sitting.

you Wed 17-Jun-09 18:17:14

Not a bitch, but ever so slightly unreasonable. Have the same issue with DHs 10yr old brother and it drives me mad- but he's a child! He'll grow up soon enough and be too cool to hang around with you grin

calli1991 Wed 17-Jun-09 18:18:39

well basically im living abroad at the moment and he is on school holidays here. oh the mother in law thinks the sun shines out of his....

calli1991 Wed 17-Jun-09 18:20:46

oh my i feel so much better just to tell people its hard with noone to talk to when you live abroad

calli1991 Wed 17-Jun-09 18:23:10

This website is so great thanks everyone

BitOfFun Wed 17-Jun-09 18:24:42

He's a kid though, isn't he? That's what they do. And you're still a teenager yourself- nowhere near fusty enough for him to entertain notions of "respect" towards you IME! Seriously, you're going to have to get your ahead around the concept of kids being annoying little buggers at least half of the time if you aren't going to be hit like a ton of bricks when your own arrives...you need a big glass of chill the feck out for having children, trust me!

calli1991 Wed 17-Jun-09 18:31:27

well i used to enjoy being around him and kids and i didnt care but since ive been pregnant i get so annoyed i feel like im just being dumped with him. my friend came round today he was here and he was swering and being rude i was so embarrased he aint my kid or my brother

BitOfFun Wed 17-Jun-09 18:43:06

If you don't want to look after him, you have to a) tell your DP and/or the boy's mother, and b) don't answer the door to him. People can only dump anything on you (including their kids) if you allow them to.

calli1991 Wed 17-Jun-09 18:53:14

yea thats true thank you. all of a sudden i feel guilty for being pissed off with the kid. i guess i needed awake up call

BitOfFun Wed 17-Jun-09 18:55:39

You just need to be assertive is all...hope it gets easier! smile

calli1991 Wed 17-Jun-09 18:59:19

thank you for your help i will be able to sleep tonight

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now