Talk

Advanced search

to think that if one is paying £50 for 2 theatre tickets ....

(7 Posts)
clumsymum Wed 17-Jun-09 13:53:30

It's just bloody cheeky of the theatre to charge £2.50 for using a credit card PLUS 50p 'administration'?

On top of that, they want £1 if I want the tickets posted out.

I wanted tickets for 'I'm Sorry I haven't a Clue' when it comes to Nottingham. It coincides with DH's birthday.

But we are trying to spend a it less ATM. They are not even offering any concessions (I usually get a disabled concession).

Why do theatres still charge these extras for using plastic, Why do we all still pay it !!?

SomeGuy Wed 17-Jun-09 14:03:24

Yes you are, it all helps pay their bills.

They charge for convenience, go to the box office to save the few pounds. Of course they know most people can't be bothered or find it more economic to just pay the fees.

Can you pay by debit card btw?

Hulababy Wed 17-Jun-09 14:08:28

YANBU.

It really annoys me with all these booking fees and administration charges and transaction charges.

We I got the Take That tickets the tickets were £60.50 and this included about £4.50 per ticket booking fee. On top of that we had to pay a transaction fee of £4.80 for the 4 tickets.

Similar recently booked tickets for a show at the Arena. I couldn't book in person as the place was flooded so their own booking office and online booking was down. I had to go through Ticketmaster, no way of doing it in person. Charges £9.35 booking fees on top of the two £30 tickets.

Hulababy Wed 17-Jun-09 14:08:54

I don't pay with debit card as it is then not insured.

SomeGuy Wed 17-Jun-09 14:11:43

Insured for what? The theatre is rather unlikely to go bust.

If insurance is £2.50 on a £50 ticket, it is too expensive. OTOH if it is £2.50 on a £2000 holiday, it is a pretty good deal.

I'm sure btw that other agencies would do it cheaper than Ticketmaster, but TM probably kick some back to the theatre, so ultimately if TM charged less the tickets would simply cost more.

clumsymum Wed 17-Jun-09 14:14:51

These booking fees are with the theatre directly, I'm not going thru an agency. And the booking fee is payable whether I pay by credit card or debit card.

Only avoid that if I pay by cash !!!

Hulababy Wed 17-Jun-09 14:59:40

Insured:

Ticket not arriving
Agency (where used) not fulfilling request
Fraud from someone accessing CC details online

etc.

Have encounter CC fraud personally so I don't take the risk.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now