Talk

Advanced search

to not want our town turned into a circus?

(24 Posts)
buktus Wed 17-Jun-09 13:48:25

Why can't the media and reporters leave the Puttick's family alone let them be buried in peace and let the family and friends say their goodbyes withiout cameras being shoved in their face.

buktus Wed 17-Jun-09 13:54:41

and so many bloody reporters no one can find anywhere to park to go to the bloody funeral for the amout of tv vans

lambanana Wed 17-Jun-09 14:02:42

I have no idea what this is about.

whoisasking Wed 17-Jun-09 14:03:58

YANBU

The thing is though, that it was such a dreadful tragedy, there is bound to be media interest.

SomeGuy Wed 17-Jun-09 14:04:18

the family that jumped off Beachy Head:
news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/wiltshire/8104522.stm

not unreasonable at all.

RealityIsMyOnlyDelusion Wed 17-Jun-09 14:06:05

Message withdrawn

Mumsnut Wed 17-Jun-09 14:19:31

Why can't the networks get together and send ONE team, then share the report? It's not as though any of the media attendees are going to find anything exclusive to show / report anyway.

wotulookinat Wed 17-Jun-09 14:19:43

Such a sad thing to have happened. There is no place for reporters there. It's appalling.

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Wed 17-Jun-09 14:21:59

It was in the newspaper today that some thieving bastards had stole fuel from their house. sad I think this is what the media are reporting on, it's such an evil thing to do.

buktus Thu 18-Jun-09 13:57:46

especially when it gets printed about what they had in there house how much things were worth etc its opening up a can of worms, our town is back to normal today and you can see Kazumi's family walking in peace

LadyAga Thu 18-Jun-09 14:13:17

YANBU, their funeral isn't news and not something I will read about.

It is a traumatic and private tragedy, I certainly do not want to see images of their loved ones grieving. T

There are no words to describe how sad this all this.

dawntigga Thu 18-Jun-09 17:30:59

YANBU that's tragic - I always think it's wrong of the media to intrude like that. How is that news?

dxx

pointydog Thu 18-Jun-09 17:43:46

to be hionest, I think you're adding to the nosy hubbub by posting this on a public message board

buktus Fri 19-Jun-09 07:33:44

my son went to school with sam i knew the family how am i adding to the hubbub i am merely trying to make aware that sometimes newspapers and news channel should know when enough is enough, i find your post very offensive and maybe pointy dog go post somewhere else and stir shit

Jumente Fri 19-Jun-09 07:42:53

I think Pointy has a point, I am terribly sorry this is happening, but we are all just talking about them as well now.
I think it needs forgetting and leaving alone now. sad

buktus Fri 19-Jun-09 09:33:59

fu!*ing mumsnet

Jumente Fri 19-Jun-09 09:52:13

Right hmm

CurryMaid Fri 19-Jun-09 09:55:47

I'm sorry to hear you knew them buktus, and I agree with you.

When I was at school my best friend's little sister was murdered - the DM printed a picture of her and her brothers walking away from their home looking devastated. No one had any idea there were reporters there.

Such and invasion sad

Stayingsunnygirl Fri 19-Jun-09 10:06:28

I actually agree with you, Buktus, but I am not sure how you are helping your cause by getting abusive and nasty with people who disagree with you.

Posting in AIBU does invite disagreement as well as agreement - and also a number of people have agreed with you, yet you have lumped them all together in your condemnation of mumsnet. hmm

missismac Fri 19-Jun-09 10:40:37

No, YANBU, but you are being a naive nimby.

difficultdecision Fri 19-Jun-09 14:09:09

ok layoff people, Ifbuktus knows the family maybe she is upset and not at her best. Can we just let it lie please. I think we all agree that media intrusion into a family's grief is not something we would want for us or ours.

Jumente Fri 19-Jun-09 17:16:50

I think you are probably right DD, sorry Buktus. Hope you are Ok.

2shoes Fri 19-Jun-09 17:22:57

yanbu
it was so tragic, I don't think the press need to keep reporting on it.

TotalChaos Fri 19-Jun-09 17:35:38

yanbu at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now