Talk

Advanced search

oh no! Just asked neighbours to move away from baby's room....

(14 Posts)
tryingtobemarypoppins Mon 15-Jun-09 21:39:54

as they are smoking again and this time its not tabacco! angry

I have tried loudly shuting windows etc, coughing, saying to baby "we will have to go in now etc"

The mother is a nurse and their father was a doctor for gods sake!!!

The son was shocked looking but I was light hearted and appolgised etc seemed ok.....

Ah! AIBU??blush

tryingtobemarypoppins Mon 15-Jun-09 21:40:40

We are been doing loads of building work so my timing was CRAP!!

mumblechum Mon 15-Jun-09 21:42:01

Surely the smoke will be too far away to get into your baby's lungs?? Unless they're practically standing outside your baby's room directly smoking through the window I'm not sure it's a problem?

tryingtobemarypoppins Mon 15-Jun-09 21:43:14

You may think so but its strong smelling in the bedroom. Having a word wasn't easy!

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Mon 15-Jun-09 21:43:24

YANBU if they are smoking illegal substances outside your baby's window. Building work is not illegal.

Good for you to be brave enough. Glad he apologised. I wonder if his parents know. If not, its one to keep on the wink for the future!

LovelyTinOfSpam Mon 15-Jun-09 21:45:13

Don't think it's unreasonable to politely ask them to move away a little.

momov2 Mon 15-Jun-09 21:48:30

no not at all i would have done the same

katiestar Mon 15-Jun-09 22:00:49

How old is he ?If he's still a minor I think you should tell his parents

GrandadOnagar Mon 15-Jun-09 22:01:36

Well it's a bit different if they are smoking something illegal. Then again if baby settles quietly as a result you may want to buy some from them and take it up yourself

tryingtobemarypoppins Mon 15-Jun-09 22:04:18

GrandadOnagar!!!!!!!!!!! grin

DH has just informed me that the mum (also a smoker) is often sipping tea whilst her sons smoke weed! She is a nurse and their dad was a doctor!

tryingtobemarypoppins Mon 15-Jun-09 22:05:50

Hi katiestar he is all grown up i'm afraid.

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Mon 15-Jun-09 22:06:21

All the Drs and nurses that I know smoke weed.

When I say all those I know, i don't mean my own gp as I don't know him that well despite seeing him in a professional capacity far too many times! I mean those of my friends and acquaintances who are in the medical field grin

tryingtobemarypoppins Mon 15-Jun-09 22:09:29

Maybe I'm missing something Pavlovtheforgetfulcat!

I am so dreading dumping into them now I have said something!

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Mon 15-Jun-09 22:13:36

I would not be embarrassed, they should be embarrassed that their son was so brazen about smoking it that you could smell it in your LOs bedroom.

I don't smoke it myself, but those that i know who do, are very discreet about it. And so you bloody well should be!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now