Talk

Advanced search

To want another baby?

(8 Posts)
roneef Mon 15-Jun-09 18:28:05

I'm feeling strangely broody. I already have 3 dc. After the last one (toddler) I was very weak and said NEVER again.

I'm also worried because it would be my 4th C- section.

I promised my parents I wouldn't risk my life with a 4th section.

A close family friend died after her 4th Section.

AIBU to break my promise?

mrsboogie Mon 15-Jun-09 18:40:16

Not U to want another but taking quite a serious risk. My mum had to have a hysterectomy after her 4th c/s, her uterus was paper thin and they said she was lucky it didn't rupture during pregnancy.

duchesse Mon 15-Jun-09 18:45:13

mrsb- in fairness they used to do vertical incision C sections that were a lot more liable to be weak. I have recently posted about this as my sister is pregnant and heading for C section number 4 right now, which worried me a lot, but a number of people came forward and said that the risk of scar rupture doesn't actually increase with each pregnancy, but remains pretty much the same. I'll just go and track down my thread. brb

duchesse Mon 15-Jun-09 18:48:28

This thread here.

roneef Mon 15-Jun-09 20:04:15

Thank you Duchesse..

Will have a read smile

Lulumama Mon 15-Jun-09 20:07:29

you need information that is pertinent to you

for example , is your scar vertical or not?

it is possible to have a scan to determine how well the scar is healed and if it is thin or ok , i think

there is a risk in any birth, be it vaginal or c.s and it is important to take that on board

if you really struggled after your last pregnancy, then you need to look at at that and see if there is anything that could be done to ensure you are ok

there is bound to be more anxiety due to your friend dying..

you can;t have / not have children to keep other people happy though but i can understand the concern

roneef Mon 15-Jun-09 20:47:32

Thank you lulumama

I have had 3 horizontal scars.

Good scar healing - no infection.

My pregnancys are normal. Just your average morning sickness and fatigue. It's the recovery after c-section that's awful.

It's all coming back to me now, that broody feeling's slowly fading grin

roneef Mon 15-Jun-09 20:48:44

Only joking. Will see GP to discuss the issue. Many thanks all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now