Talk

Advanced search

to be delighted that DS just whooped the other DCs at his sports day?

(14 Posts)
choufleur Mon 15-Jun-09 11:18:09

He's only three: it was his playschool sportsday but he won his two races by miles.

Tryharder Mon 15-Jun-09 11:22:45

YANBU, I am looking forward to my son's sports day next week (he's 4). He's going to clear the board like he did last year. Got a bit of competition this year from some newer children but I remain confident....

[TH fantasizes about DS1 winning Olympic Gold in 16 years time....]

Oh God, someone slap me..

grin

choufleur Mon 15-Jun-09 11:30:31

According to DH DS is going to play rugby for Leicester Tigers, England and the Lions (no pressure then wink)

dawntigga Mon 15-Jun-09 11:33:54

Union????

Heathen! wink

dxx

OrmIrian Mon 15-Jun-09 11:39:27

Hold on to that triumph! Because it may not last. DD won all her races in R and Yr1 and 2. Helped the school to victory in the local area Athletics cup.

Last year she ran like a hippo with corns grin

choufleur Mon 15-Jun-09 12:04:34

You're obviously a northerner dawn

Sassybeast Mon 15-Jun-09 12:58:37

Well done to your olympic superstar grin It may well last - DD whoops all asses every year wink

SomeGuy Mon 15-Jun-09 15:30:51

I have informed DS (7) no dinner if he doesn't win his sports day races. wink

Not really, but children should try their hardest, and that the goal is to BEAT the other children.

Hulababy Mon 15-Jun-09 15:32:27

Well dne to your DS

herbietea Mon 15-Jun-09 15:40:26

Message withdrawn

Xavielli Mon 15-Jun-09 15:43:56

My DS came first in the Walking Race!!

(It was raining so there wasn't really a sports day, I think they just walked around the classroom a couple of times and then gave all the kids a 1st place sticker)

FairLadyRantALot Mon 15-Jun-09 15:58:54

rofl at orms impression of "hippo with corns"...that is soooo funny...

OP not unreasonable at all

suwoo Mon 15-Jun-09 16:09:09

My DD came 1st in the running race this year. I was delighted because she has cried at each of her previous sports days and refused to race hmm.

cocolepew Mon 15-Jun-09 16:12:15

Well done Ds smile.

DD is horrified she's not in the running race this year, she won a gold medal last time, [preen]. She has to do the rubber ring on head race, I've discovered if she has her hair in high bunches it doesn't move [cheating emoticon] grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now