Talk

Advanced search

to be very late for church or possibly not even go

(9 Posts)
TheProvincialLady Sun 14-Jun-09 10:13:16

DS2 went for a nap at 9am, from which he would normally wake at 9.40, just giving me time to get him ready and get to church a bit early.

He didn't sleep brilliantly last night and is still asleep. This never happens when I want it to!

So I am already 10 minutes late for church and even if he woke up now I would be nearly half an hour late. But there is a coffee morning afterwards to raise money for a good cause. And I promised myself I would not miss church unless we were ill, after a few months of hardly going due to being pregnant and then having a newborn and a 2 year old.

So, AIBU?

Ronaldinhio Sun 14-Jun-09 10:16:51

you are not being unreasonable

what about a quick prayer, a cup of mellow birds and a fiver in a charity box to make amends?

jumpjockey Sun 14-Jun-09 10:20:20

Is there another service later in the day? YANBU, we've missed mass several times if dd has been asleep or in a horrendous mood, just say a prayer and maybe look up the readings for the day. That way you can make the most of the peace (well, if DS1 lets you wink).

TheProvincialLady Sun 14-Jun-09 10:23:06

The only other service is evensong at 6.30, impossible for me at the moment.

You are right and I will say a prayer. If DS2 wakes up I will go to the coffee morning bit and make my apologies.

Lol at the idea of DS1 giving me any peacegrin

Bathsheba Sun 14-Jun-09 10:23:15

Our church services start at 11 and are 2 hours long. There are ALWAYS people who meander in at around 11:45 ish...

My theory - hey, they come every week..!!! How easy would it be for them to think "ah well, we are late, we won't go" which is a habit that people can very quickly get into..

So, hey, going late is way better than not going at all.

TheProvincialLady Sun 14-Jun-09 10:23:28

What is mellow birds by the way?

Ronaldinhio Sun 14-Jun-09 10:55:30

coffee

TheProvincialLady Sun 14-Jun-09 11:09:55

Aha!

Ds2 is still asleep and going for a daytime record His previous personal best was 1.5 hours. I think this was meant to be.

curiositykilled Sun 14-Jun-09 11:52:05

YANBU - Going to church shouldn't be a drag, it's spirituality that matters not church attendance. Say a prayer and go to the coffee morning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now