Talk

Advanced search

MIl and gifts

(9 Posts)
TwoRedOrangeLittleLollys Sat 13-Jun-09 22:01:53

My mother in law is a little odd to say the least but I really do not know what to do about her very odd gifts.

Before marrying DH she would get me a "token" gift at Christmas and Birthdays, a tin of beans, a toilet roll one glove, for a wedding gift she gave a mug tree with one mug, since marrying DH I have been upgraded in the gift stakes, I have a a bird table, we lived in a flat 6 floors up, a floor mop, We have carpets so no need to mop, and now we have DCs it is even worse, DC1 was given a computer mouse, he is 18 months, and DC2 was given a family pack of haribo she is 3 months.

Dh loves the gifts and can not see why I do this face hmm

Please advise

ThePhantomPlopper Sat 13-Jun-09 22:03:01

I'd love a MIL like yours. Odd ones are the best.

CMOTdibbler Sat 13-Jun-09 22:04:12

Some people are just plain weird with presents. I think though, you get to compete with the Mnetter who got knicker elastic for christmas.

Smile, say thanks, and then come post about it - you'll never change her. But make it clear to DH that he does not get the cop out clause and is expected to produce proper presents

jkklpu Sat 13-Jun-09 22:07:15

For my Dad's 18th, his dotty aunt gave him a pair of embroidery scissors wrapped in a bayleaf.

Guitargirl Sat 13-Jun-09 22:08:11

This is hilarious grin.

My advice: take photos of them all and put them in a scrapbook with dates received!

My cousin received a lemon for her first birthday from her gran (aunt's MIL).

BuwchBywiog Sat 13-Jun-09 22:17:54

My sister has a MIL like this and its the highlight of Christmas to see what mad pressie she gets each year

Katisha Sat 13-Jun-09 22:27:08

I like the scrapbook idea!

mamas12 Sat 13-Jun-09 22:40:38

omg mine was like this

one xmas a pair of glasses and paint to paint by numbers on them set which a 13 yr old would think iffy

wedding - a single bed

birthday = a car rug, I didn't drive then

We also used to enjoy opening her pressies

love the scrapbook idea

Poppity Sat 13-Jun-09 22:51:56

I'll swap you, I just get crap gifts from mine, not interesting crap giftsgrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now