Talk

Advanced search

to mind that my sil's went to cinema without me?

(11 Posts)
yummytummy Sat 13-Jun-09 20:38:49

dont know if iabu or too sensitive. basically today dh took ds over to inlaws as i had some stuff to do at home and easier to do without a lively toddler around. all fine so far. then when i rang to check when they were coming back dh mentioned that the 2 sil's had gone to watch terminator which i had brifly mentioned that i wanted to see with them. now i know they could have just assumed i was busy as i hadnt come as i had to do stuff but they still could have asked couldnt they? or am i just being silly? have to say they are usually just thoughtless rather than malicious and its not worth saying anything now really as they wouldnt have even thought of it.

HecatesTwopenceworth Sat 13-Jun-09 21:23:08

yup. Sensitive. grin You stayed at home cos you had things to do. So your dh probably told them that. So it's no wonder they went without you! You were busy!!! So why would they ask when they knew you were busy? I don't think it's thoughtless to not invite you to something that as far as they are aware, you are not available for.

2rebecca Sat 13-Jun-09 22:03:01

If you were busy and today was convenient for them then sensible for them to go without you.

Heifer Sat 13-Jun-09 23:01:32

Well, this may not be the reply you want, but if I went to the cinema with one of my sil and not invited the other, it would be because I don't like her very much.. but that is just me.

A kinder reply would be that maybe you two sil are best friends and wanted to go on their own as friends, and not as sils... grin

Paolosgirl Sat 13-Jun-09 23:04:18

You were busy - you took DS over to the inlaws for them to look after because you had stuff to do. Of course they didn't invite you - you were busy!

You honestly wanted to see Terminator???

echt Sun 14-Jun-09 10:07:36

OP - the film is shite. Think of it as nearly two hours of your life you haven't wasted.

bubblagirl Sun 14-Jun-09 10:19:07

i think your being sensitive as if you were not busy you would have gone and then been invited but you stayed at home as you wanted to get stuff done this was probably mentioned why you were not there oh dw is busy and wanted to get stuff done today so why would they then interrupt your day to yourself getting stuff done to go to cinema

2rebecca Sun 14-Jun-09 16:39:49

I doubt it's anything personal. More likely that films don't stay in cinemas long these days and if you have kids there aren't many 2 hour slots spare in your week. If you have one you grab it.

mumeeee Sun 14-Jun-09 18:42:27

You are bieng sensitive, You were at home because you had things to do.So they would have thought you were to busy to come.

yummytummy Sun 14-Jun-09 19:11:02

thanks everyone i knew i probably was being silly but nice to hear it from u all as well! also glad to hear the film is shite dont feel so bad now! cheers

welshone51 Sun 14-Jun-09 19:24:34

Everybody feels left out sometimes (its human nature) and it is usually because the people involved didnt think not due to anything malicious on their part particularly if you have previously gotten along. Just shrug it off and dont look too deeply into it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now