Talk

Advanced search

to go on a walk in the woods...alone?

(11 Posts)
LolaTheShowgirl Sat 13-Jun-09 09:14:51

I have some wooded area near my home which is a beautiful walk, lots of pretty flowers, a river and waterfalls but as you can imagine, it is very quiet down there and away from any residential areas. I have been on the walk before but with people with me, and I have to admit that you can easily not see any passers by for about 5 minutes. It is mostly people walking their hounds. As it is a gorgeously sunny day here today, I am asking if I abu to want to go there alone?

purepurple Sat 13-Jun-09 09:22:41

of course you should go on your own
you can't eliminate risks but some risks are more likely than others
the chances of being /assualted/raped/murdered/robbed are very small
take your door key and hold it in your hand ready to stab it in the eye of an assailant

MrsMellowdrummer Sat 13-Jun-09 09:36:35

I would! Sounds lovely. smile

HalfMumHalfBiscuit Sat 13-Jun-09 09:39:43

I would.

makipuppy Sat 13-Jun-09 09:39:55

Pixies and elves can sometimes have quite vile temperaments, though, especially in the mornings, so I'd leave it till after lunch.

purepurple Sat 13-Jun-09 09:44:11

HalfMumHalfBiscuit when you cook do you use your Joy Division oven gloves? grin

PlumpRumpSoggyBaps Sat 13-Jun-09 09:44:17

And watch out for the teddy bears.....

purepurple Sat 13-Jun-09 09:45:24

and don't wear your red cloak, that's just asking for trouble

LolaTheShowgirl Sat 13-Jun-09 10:00:07

Lol, you freaks! I was actually hoping to pixie spot down there. The squirrels are just too damn boring!

Gorionine Sat 13-Jun-09 10:05:05

I wouldn't but that is because I am a freak! I am not scared of being attacked or falling and having to wait 3 days for rescue, I am terrified at the thought of finding a shallow grave.

I am not jocking it is probably my biggest fear (asside from driving and spidersblush.

JoPie Sat 13-Jun-09 10:08:56

Why on earth wouldn't you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now