Talk

Advanced search

To ignore my Brother sometimes?

(2 Posts)
Claire2009 Fri 12-Jun-09 19:49:12

He wants to chat everyday, I don't, I've told him there's no need to either, but he still continues. hmm

So I hide offline on Fb chat, don't answer phone, he's getting a bit of a pest tbh. I've not seen him since I was 11yo (24yo now) so in a way I can understand why he wants to chat lots, but we've gone through everything hmm, and it's just normal day to day stuff now.

Aibu?

jenhden Fri 12-Jun-09 21:37:12

i don't think you are being unreasonable but be careful not to be insensitive - everyone has different levels of communication and closeness that they can handle and i think it can alter with different relationships- i feel like you seem to about some friends but have all the time in the world for family.

My brother really doesn't need to speak to me for ages - months even - and i would love to chat daily, but i know him well enough to not take that personally - but thats taken until i'm in my thirties to realise isn't a rejection of me.

If your brother hasn't known you for long he may not know this about you - could you try and tell him in a way that stresses what you are comfortable with?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now